No announcement yet.

Frampton vs Rigondeaux is a star making fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frampton vs Rigondeaux is a star making fight

Frampton can punch in volume and is solid in defense. He mixes up his punches and picks his spots well. I think he can box Rigondeaux well enough to find enough rounds or possibly a stoppage.

Rigondeaux is probably the most deadly counter puncher in the game P4P, he hits hard. He fights extremely well on the outside but he has defensive capabilities that go in and out and fighting on the inside with Rigondeaux is tough too. Rigo would look to feint and use movement so Frampton can't get off as much as he'd like.

Their styles would mesh well and they're both two real champions who won't take a chance at losing lightly.

A 5'2 non-English speaking midget from Cuba will never be a star, just putting that out there. And I'm a Rigo fan..

Comment

No.

Frampton vs winner of Cruz-Mares is a star making fight.

Also I like Frampton going to U.S. allowing Quigg to fall in irrelevancy. Cuz that's all Quigg has in his career to look forward to. Why should they chase an under card, paper belt holder on their terms for a smaller piece of pie than they deserve?

One more thing I'd add. Frampton's knockdowns are not struggle or anything to look down on. He is just a very versatile fighter who wanted to make an impression in his U.S. debut. He could've countered him all day, yet "chose" to make it exciting. The nerves got to him in Round 1.

This isn't Bradley coming out having slurred speech for 2 months against Provodnikov type of chose to fight that way.
      Last edited by Box-Office; 07-24-2015, 01:23 AM.

Comment

For Framptom possibly should he get a decisive win. As good as Rigondeaux is I don't see any fight around his weight that would make him a star so to speak even in victory because of his strict style and lack of major fanbase. I think whoever beats Rigondeaux first could become a star because it would be considered a top win.

Comment

Originally posted by Box-Office View Post
          No.

Frampton vs winner of Cruz-Mares is a star making fight.

Also I like Frampton going to U.S. allowing Quigg to fall in irrelevancy. Cuz that's all Quigg has in his career to look forward to. Why should they chase an under card, paper belt holder on their terms for a smaller piece of pie than they deserve?

One more thing I'd add. Frampton's knockdowns are not struggle or anything to look down on. He is just a very versatile fighter who wanted to make an impression in his U.S. debut. He could've countered him all day, yet "chose" to make it exciting. The nerves got to him in Round 1.

This isn't Bradley coming out having slurred speech for 2 months against Provodnikov type of chose to fight that way.

I just watched the fight today and noticed he didn't fight anything like he did for the title in Northern Ireland. Then they started talking about it being his big U.S. network debut and he did indeed box for the fans in an intelligent manner.

Mini-Algieri and Algieri doing what it takes to give the fans their money's worth.

Also does Frampton go to 126 for the winner of Mares-Santa Cruz? Frampton could stay at 122 for a bit more if that fight doesn't work out. Donaire could dispose of Quigg then Frampton could fight Donaire then Rigondeaux.
          Last edited by SlySlickSmooth; 07-24-2015, 02:42 AM.

Comment

Frampton won't fight Rigo because even Frampton's own mom knows Rigo murders him.

Comment

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
              I just watched the fight today and noticed he didn't fight anything like he did for the title in Northern Ireland. Then they started talking about it being his big U.S. network debut and he did indeed box for the fans in an intelligent manner.

Mini-Algieri and Algieri doing what it takes to give the fans their money's worth.

Also does Frampton go to 126 for the winner of Mares-Santa Cruz? Frampton could stay at 122 for a bit more if that fight doesn't work out. Donaire could dispose of Quigg then Frampton could fight Donaire then Rigondeaux.
              There are talks of him moving up. However, I just want to see him against big names. He is definitely ready for the big time.

Comment

Working...
              X