No announcement yet.

Even Germany has more World Champions than the US now

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 武士道 View Post
    The oppening line is; Unity and Justice and Freedom.

What's wrong with that?
    The "Deutschland über alles" verse has not been officially used after 1945 and in Germany it only gets cited by people with... let's call it an "easily identifiable mindset" (or Neo-Nazi scum, if you will).

Comment

Originally posted by rochemback View Post
      The "Deutschland über alles" verse has not been officially used after 1945 and in Germany it only gets cited by people with... let's call it an "easily identifiable mindset" (or Neo-Nazi scum, if you will).
      Just because some reprobate wants to embrace it, it shouldn’t mean that it loses it’s original legitimacy.

And if we’re talking about ultra-nationalistic psychos, look no further than Megamerican -- he's hate wrapped in a different flag.

Comment

Originally posted by 武士道 View Post
        Just because some reprobate wants to embrace it, it shouldn’t mean that it loses it’s original legitimacy.

And if we’re talking about ultra-nationalistic psychos, look no further than Megamerican -- he's hate wrapped in a different flag.
        I'm not saying using it automatically makes you one of them, especially not when you're from abroad and not fully aware of its meaning and current significance, but in Germany itself (and also Austria for that matter) it is 100% stigmatized and used by far right wing idiots only. Just like 88 is a number, but when you come across someone with 88 in his nickname or whatever it's no secret what kind of beliefs that guy has, no matter what legitimacy the number itself might have.

Megamerican is fun, can't help but laugh how easy some are offended by facts such as the one that US boxing has seen better days.

Comment

Originally posted by Instinto View Post
          Japan has 6 champions , USA has 7 champions, Germany also has 7 champions not including Klitschko brothers. But this weekend after the fight Bradley/Alexander USA will have only 6 champions. Boxing in USA seriously declining.
          That's not true.

Comment

Originally posted by elgranluchadore View Post
            uh martinez has only fought once at middleweight, i guess pacquiao is the daddy of berto and mosley too
            the main point of this thread is how americans have diminished their presence in boxing in terms of champions
            there isnt any division where they have the best fighter right now, while last year they had campbell pavlik dawson all of them have lost their credibility and have been replaced as top dogs
            You're mistaken, Martinez has fought more than once at MW.

Comment

Originally posted by elgranluchadore View Post
              And im not counting interim titlist
              pretty embarrasing because a year ago the us had nearly 15 champions
              Mexico also has more champions but its always been like that so its normal
              Most of my favorite fighters are not from the US. In sports, the only time I root for the US is during the Olympics...but I gladly give props to courageous performances and efforts made of people from other countries.

Comment

Also can't count Zbik as a World because he's not. He's a #1 contender.

And, the TS said no interim titles.

And, if we count fighters who have a German citizenship but were not born in Germany. Then I guess we can count Puerto Ricans for the U.S champs since they have a U.S citizenship.

Either way. U.S have more champs.

Not that it really matters at all.

Since the TS is a bias stupid nationalistic moron. You can tell by his OP, his sig, and when he mention the robberies over the past years he only mentioned the ones were a Mexican got robbed.

Comment

Working...
                X