No announcement yet.

Mosley's canceled fights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mosley's canceled fights

Who did you guys pick to win before these two fights were cancelled?

Vs. Judah and vs. Berto

Didn't pick back then, but with the benefit of hindsight Mosloid would have beaten Bertoids. He would likely have beaten Judah too (was that fight supposed to be at 147?).
    Last edited by Weebler I; 10-03-2013, 05:40 PM.

Comment

Shane woulda looked real good vs Berto

Comment

I picked Shane in both fights, but was, at the time, more certain about Judah. In hindsight, Shane would have abused Berto worse than I would've expected.

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
          Shane woulda looked real good vs Berto

Despite what people say about Mosley he is a decent boxer he usually runs into trouble against better ones than him, Mosley would be the superior boxer by far in this contest.

There would have been a lot of "Mosley lands another crushing right hand on Berto, how can Berto withstand all these shots" coming from Lampley.

I do think if Berto went ugly grapple mode that would cause problems for Mosley though, any time there was space and distance Mosley would have teed off.

Comment

I picked Mosley for both fights.

Comment

Picked Mosley in both before the cancelations

Comment

I picked Mosley in both but was alittle unsure with the Berto fight because at the time he looked to be pretty damn good, but now I know Mosley would have brutalized Berto.

Comment

Mosley would have ****ed Berto up bad.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                    Despite what people say about Mosley he is a decent boxer he usually runs into trouble against better ones than him, Mosley would be the superior boxer by far in this contest.

There would have been a lot of "Mosley lands another crushing right hand on Berto, how can Berto withstand all these shots" coming from Lampley.

I do think if Berto went ugly grapple mode that would cause problems for Mosley though, any time there was space and distance Mosley would have teed off.
                    You're spot on. They signed after the URango fight ,where Berto got grab happy. I talked to Shane for a while during the Hopkins/Ornelas conference in Philly and he pretty much stated that their entire camp was focused on dealing with Bertos clinch. He showed me some of the things he'd do when berto comes in, because Berto clinches with his chin up and just kinda dives in defenseless.

After seeing how bad Bertos chin is though, Mosley probably would have finished him inside of 5 at that time (he was HOT off the Margarito win). Too much firepower IMO. And Berto is essentially just a worse version of Mosley.

Comment

Working...
                    X