No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather still on top after Mannys rise and Fall

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SirTomJones View Post
    Sadly Floyd will be remember as someone with a brilliant skill set but didn't have the confidence to showcase it.
    So then how did you find out about it?

Lord, the depths people go to

Comment

• Originally posted by junior gong View Post
      Rankings are a joke man, mostly meaningless. The Ring had Boner at 5 p4p the other day and guerrero in the top ten, and the sanctioning(shakedown) bodies are even more shameless.
      I had to stop reading there, clearly you have an negative agenda against Mayweather. You have to understand these were Year-end ratings, Using the example of Broner as a means to discredit his resume holistically is seemingly ignorant. Mayweather's resume is an impressive one. I'm really impressed by his longevity also.

Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Top 10 Rated Opponents/Champions

1998: Genaro Hernandez (World SFW Champion)
      1998: Angel Manfredy (No. 2 SFW)
      2000: Goyo Vargas (No. 10 SFW)
      2001: Diego Corrales (No. 1 SFW)
      2001: Jesus Chavez (No. 4 SFW)
      2002: Jose Luis Castillo (No. 1 LW, WBC claimant) [New lineage]
      2002: Jose Luis Castillo (No. 1 LW)
      2003: Philip N'Dou (No. 4 SFW) (@135)
      2004: DeMarcus Corley (No. 5 LWW)
      2005: Arturo Gatti (No. 1 LWW, WBC claimant)
      2006: Zab Judah (No. 3 WW)
      2006: Carlos Baldomir (World WW Champion)
      2007: Oscar De La Hoya (No. 5 LMW, WBC claimant)
      2007: Ricky Hatton (World LWW Champion) (@147)
      2009: Juan M. Marquez (World LW Champion) (@147)
      2010: Shane Molsey (No. 2 WW, WBA claimant)
      2011: Victor Ortiz (No. 2 WW, WBC claimant)
      2012: Miguel Cotto (No. 1 LMW, WBA claimant)

Overall record: 43-0
      Record vs. Top 10 Opponents/Champions: 18-0
      Floyd has defeated more rated contenders than Ray Leonard for example, but nobody would rate his opposition as being superior. You have to go beyond the stats, but to claim he cherry picked his whole career just spurting repetitive bullshit. Also don't worry about Larryx that guy is mong. lol

I agree that outside of ring he's a bloody clown, but that should have no bearing whatsoever on how we judge his accomplishments inside it.

He's also H2H one of the greats at Super Feather Weight.
      Last edited by damuttz112; 12-12-2012, 10:20 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by blacraven View Post
        I think this is also bull****
        since no one answered my question ill ask you
        Who does he have to fight for you?

Floyd needs to buy the delorean. Stop having the retirements and becoming more active.

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
          So then how did you find out about it?

Lord, the depths people go to
          He has fought 4 times since Hatton in 2007. The 4 fights weren't exactly anything to get you excited about.

Comment

• Originally posted by ~BoZz~ View Post
            MARQUEZ LOST BECAUSE HE FOUGHT AN ATG..SOMEONE WHO HAS SKILLS..MARQUEZ DOESN'T HAVE ANY OF THAT.

Comment

He has fought 4 times since Hatton in 2007. The 4 fights weren't exactly anything to get you excited about.
              So his career is four fights? Right. Boy then Pacquiao must suck. Let's take his last four fights and judge based off that.

Comment

• Quote:
                Originally Posted by blacraven
                I think this is also bull****
                since no one answered my question ill ask you
                Who does he have to fight for you?

Originally posted by junior gong View Post
                Its too late for him to make any legacy enhancing fights unless he can take the ultimate challenge and fight Sergio at 160. He blew it! at least legacy wise. He had a great opportunity to back his mouth up when he embarked on whats become a rather pitiful 'comeback', but chose to fight once a year against people that did nothing for him(except making money) and nothing for his public image.

Exactly my point, he has to fight a middleweight because no one at his weight class can whip him...?? Wow!
                Why can’t Sergio Martinez bring his big a$$ down to 147... Oh right, he’ll be weight drained blah blah blah, well what is Floyd if he has to go all the way up to his weight. It’s just supposed to be cool because he’s Mayweather, but the Marquez/May fight gets looked down on and people say, why did he have to go up, that’s not his weight blah blah blah. Hatton was smaller blah blah...this is all bull****, he’ll never satisfy anyone. Because even if he does go up and whips Sergio’s and Canelo’s ass and whoever else. When he retires, people will say the same **** and be like oh how convenient he’s ducking Joe blow...
                He’ll never please most people because they can’t be pleased. They only will be satisfied with his downfall. And that friend, is also some bull****.

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                  So his career is four fights? Right. Boy then Pacquiao must suck. Let's take his last four fights and judge based off that.
                  How about looking who and how often he has fought since 2007?

Comment

His career began in 2007?

Comment

You're telling me that Mosley, Ortiz, and Cotto weren't good fights at the times he fought them???

Well than Manny fighting Diaz, De La Hoya, Hatton, Cotto, Clottey, Margarito, Mosley, and Marquez when he did must suck as well, right???

And even though Floyd-JMM at the time it was fought was bull crap, he should get his due for whupping Marquez. Marquez has since proved he can fight at WW and be world class carrying that weight.

Comment

Working...
                      X