No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Marquez Praises Fedchenko, Eyes July 14 and Pacquiao

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Marquez Praises Fedchenko, Eyes July 14 and Pacquiao

On Saturday, before a crowd of over 22,000 fans at the new Arena Mexico in Mexico City - Juan Manuel Marquez (54-6-1, 39KOs) won a twelve round unanimous decision over Sergey Fedchenko (30-2, 13KOs) to win the WBO's interim-junior welterweight title. The scores were 119-109, 118-110 and 118-110.

[Click Here To Read More]

Bob's already got the excuse for Floyd that the stadium won't be ready and that JMM deserves a 4th match because Pac had cramps and looked bad.

In other Top Rank news, the infamous water bottle that nearly took Pac out late last year after his life and death struggle with JMM is expected to fight Pac in the court room sometime this fall.. Look for Ariza to announce that it could cause problems in training camp while prepping for yet another WW clash vs non WW fighters....

Comment

I'll go against a lefty huh?
      Guess it's Gesta

Comment

Gotta Love A Fighter Like Marquez; He'd Fight Anyone...For Free!

Marquez should fight three more fights! July 14 fight Marcos Maidana, November fight Pacquiao IV, then a farewell fight next Spring against long time rival, former gym partner, Erik Morales in Mexico City. Then ride off into the sunset to the Hall of Fame.

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
          I'll go against a lefty huh?
          Guess it's Gesta
          better not be.Judah is a more respectable fight.

Comment

Originally posted by onechance87 View Post
            better not be.Judah is a more respectable fight.
            That's a risk

Comment

in the post fight interview he said he might fight Gesta, not Bam bam

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny_Roa View Post
                in the post fight interview he said he might fight Gesta, not Bam bam
                Did he? I didn't see it.

Comment

So I guess he's not fighting Rios then? Good, make Alvarado-Rios on the undercard of the Marquez bout.

Is Gesta really that bad of an opponent? Haven't seen that much from him except for last night, he looked okay. I agree with people saying Zab is a way better fight, that might be a really fun fight to watch actually. Zab might give Marquez some major trouble early on till JMM figures him out.

Comment

I agree that Judah could potentially destroy a 4th fight with Pacquiao but I still think it would be a good primer for Marquez and would be another name of value on his resume. For as spotty as Judah is, he is still the best southpaw at 140.

Comment

Working...
                    X