Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why did kickboxing failed, what did boxing hold over kickboxing...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why did kickboxing failed, what did boxing hold over kickboxing...

I know at one point kickboxing was getting really big from 70s and it was at a peak in earlie 90s and it died earlie 20s...

So what was the reason that it failed the test of time and boxing didnt????

Keep in mind that the western style of kickboxin or full contact karate was based heavily on boxing in terms of boxing style and instead of thai kicks they hard karate ones

the found plaster in one of the fighter's shoes

Comment

because the US fighters were **** at kickboxing compared to the rest of the world? aanndd because boxing is the ****

Comment

Originally posted by -pound4pound- View Post
        the found plaster in one of the fighter's shoes
        That made me LOL.

Comment

Boxing has had very unique personalities...

Comment

I think it is just kind of human nature people want to see people going toe to toe throwing huge punches and do not really want to see kicks they just want to see people like Mike Tyson, Muhammad Ali, and fighters like Arturo Gatti and Micky Ward go toe to toe.

Comment

it didnt fail?

K1 is still as popular as ever...especially in western europe and japan

Comment

Originally posted by -PANDA- View Post
                it didnt fail?

K1 is still as popular as ever...especially in western europe and japan
                I mean american kickboxing when they wore the saggy pants with colord stripes and what have you.

Also american kickboxing had unique moves like the spinning back fish and the spinning back kick and no kneeing or elbowing.

So when you watched it, it looked very flashy and yet these guys had the best boxing out of all the kickboxing styles

Comment

Cos kicking is gay

Comment

I kinda think it is lame that you can use your kicks, knees, and elbows bare but fists are with cushions. IMO it is the sets of rules that they implement in the game that makes the sport look bad. Like when they can kick the knee off an opponent at a distance for the whole fight just screams cheap or unfair to me.

Comment

Working...
                    X