Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Joe defeats Roy, will the people picking Jones to win give him credit?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hishaam15 View Post
    It Goes like this:

IF Jones is Shot, Calzaghe Wins
    IF Jones is NOT Shot, Jones Wins

simple
    It's like this:

- If Calzaghe wins, it's no good because Jones is shot, even thought Jones ISN'T REALLY shot, he just has a delicate chin
    - If Jones wins, he's superman again, even though he's shown us he has a soft chin against Tarver and Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by tito yuca View Post
      I’m a huge Calzaghe fan and I don’t think he deserves credit for beating this version of Roy Jones. In my opinion Roy lost against Hanshaw, who sucks.
      What fight were you looking at? Roy did whatever he wanted in that fight , including knock Hanshaw down and hurt him again after that. Sure, he did'nt finish him off because he is a nice guy. He could have got on the gas and got him out of there right after the knockdown if he wanted to. Bank on that. I watched the fight LIVE and then when I got back home on the PPV recorded. I thought Jones looked good in person and even better on the telecast. It was easy to see who landed the meaninful shots. You are either blind or never saw the whole fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Tunney View Post
        It's like this:

- If Calzaghe wins, it's no good because Jones is shot, even thought Jones ISN'T REALLY shot, he just has a delicate chin
        - If Jones wins, he's superman again, even though he's shown us he has a soft chin against Tarver and Johnson
        No, it's like this:

Jones is way past his prime but still better skilled and faster than Joe.
        Sure Joe would have beaten everyone Jones has fought in the last 5 years, but styles still make fights.
        Even though Roy is past his best, he is still on a winning streak, has better speed than anyone in the division and has an equalizing amount of power over Joe. If Joe wins, he deserves credit, even now. The problem is that he does not deserve as much credit as he would have if Jones was still in his prime, because Jones had never really been beaten during those years.

Comment

of course joe would get credit if he won, but let's be fair here. i hope no one expects the king of credit he would have gotten had this fight been happening yrs ago!!!!!!

Comment

I already gave Joe his props........I'm pickin' Roy to not just win, but win big.......I know MOST if not all posters might not agree with my predicition but I have a strong strong feeling Roy is gonna KO Joe........I see Calzaghe applying pressure as Roy allows himself to be backed to the ropes.......as Calzaghe moves in for one his flurries, I see Roy landing a 3 punch combo......right uppercut, left hook, str8 right hand that will hurt, drop and stop Joe...........if I'm wrong, torment me......but if I'm right I want credit just like Joe.

Comment

I do find it pretty lame saying I think Roy will win, is better, or even that it will be close. And then going on to say you wouldn't give Joe credit.

Calzaghe is p4p #3 and most agree with that. If you think Roy gives him a close fight, but Calzaghe wins then he clearly deserves credit. Anything else is just an un-willingness to accept the obvious, based on the logic you have that I've just outlined. A close ish fight with credit only going on way, does not make sense, regardless of the circumstances.

Comment

Originally posted by kenso View Post
                doubt it.

most of the people saying ROY IS BACK will just be like OH HES WASHED UP JOE IS A *****.

there will be a few who give joe some credit, but the majority of the people who dislike calzaghe will continue to hate, just like folks do with wladimir klitschko.
                wlad aint ****. he just doesn't suck as much as the other heavyweights

Comment

If Joe wins............. so what? but if he loses............................................. ...........................

AMERICAN PWNS BRITANIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I think Calzaghe will stop Roy in the later rounds after having put lots of pressure and forced Roy to fight at an higher pace then he would like.

Roy will make it close for a couple of rounds, until he starts to become less mobile and starts to fight backed up against the ropes. Then Calzaghe will take over.

As for credit, i dont think Roy deserves this fight consider the last 3-4 years, but still he is not completly shot but close. Roy was totaly dominated against Glenn Johnson, and looked so so against Trinidad in my eyes.

A prime Jones would beat Calzaghe but not today. The only question is if Roy can turn back the time like Hopkins, then it will be a good fight. But i dont think it will happen.

Joe by TKO around round 9-10.

Comment

Originally posted by KrisSilver View Post
                      I do find it pretty lame saying I think Roy will win, is better, or even that it will be close. And then going on to say you wouldn't give Joe credit.

Calzaghe is p4p #3 and most agree with that. If you think Roy gives him a close fight, but Calzaghe wins then he clearly deserves credit. Anything else is just an un-willingness to accept the obvious, based on the logic you have that I've just outlined. A close ish fight with credit only going on way, does not make sense, regardless of the circumstances.
                      Roy is shot to pieces, he can barely jog.

Calzaghe is on the P4P list.

If Calzaghe beats him, not really a HUGE deal. It's just a good name on his resume.

Now, if Roy beats him............

His face will be added to Mt. Rushmore.

Comment

Working...
                      X