No announcement yet.

HBO looking for a good fight (ARTICLE)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sweet Jesus View Post
    And that's why you can get 20 of those fights for 1 Mayweather or Pac fight.

Also... those 20 fights can be FOTY candidates and it still wouldn't increase boxing's popularity one bit.
    If you buy the correct twenty fights HBO or Showtime should be able to build atleast a couple stars between them, if marketed correctly and both know how to do that.

To me HBO gets a bum wraps because it is not that easy to pick the correct 20 fights but they still do a pretty good job.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
      If you buy the correct twenty fights HBO or Showtime should be able to build atleast a couple stars between them, if marketed correctly and both know how to do that.

To me HBO gets a bum wraps because it is not that easy to pick the correct 20 fights but they still do a pretty good job.
      I disagree 100%, but I'm too drunk to get into it tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Jesus View Post
        I disagree 100%, but I'm too drunk to get into it tonight.
        Lol, it doesn't matter if you are drunk or not reality is reality.

HBO and Showtime can get whatever fights they want with the only except being if HBO wants a fight over Showtime they will get it. So they can make whatever happean they want to happean, if they spend theiur money wisely stars get built and in boxing the stars are where the money is at.

Boxing is like the universe stars are always being created and dying without that kind of cycle boxing would die. It is impossible to predict if it was that easy to find a Manny Pacquiao (just an unknown fighter that becomes known by everyone) a lot more people in the world would be rich~

That is why I say HBO gets a bum wrap, asking them to be perfect is asking an awful lot, if you look at their track record it has doen a pretty good job overall, even now when you consider the hand they have had with amking the biggest two current stars.
        Last edited by The Gambler1981; 10-29-2010, 09:59 PM.

Comment

Take Berto for example people complain about teh money HBO spends on him and really they should be making Berto fight who they want, but when is it time to cut bait with a guy like Berto who is still a champ and hasn't lost.

They have invested a lot in him it is in their interest to continue on or they wasted all that capital.

You can certainly argue the merits of Berto's star potential but HBO has already invested in the product and no one is perfect.

Paul Williams is another HBO guy but he is an example of a guy who used his HBO oppurtunity better.

Comment

Working...
          X