No announcement yet.

Name 3 current hype jobs...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
    it doesn't matter. Canelo could've beaten Cotto and GGG could've beaten Strum it wouldnt' make them the #5 P4P. That's ******ed
    Broner should not even be p4p top 10 we can agree on that

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
      The top 5 have literally ducked him.
      well maybe he should fight fighters in the top 10 and earn a shot..instead he is fighting a 154 fighter next

Comment

Originally posted by TwoPieceBiscuit View Post
        Juan Manuel Marquez
        Roberto Guerreo
        And no 3rd from me
        Drunk lately?
        Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
        What about GGG?

He was Sturms mandatory for two years and he ducked him repeatedly.
        Daniel Geale was stripped of a title for not fighting GGG.
        Pirog pulled out after injury.
        Peter Qullin turned him down which would have been on hbo.
        And of course so did Chavez and Martinez as well as N'Dam.

So you're willing to make excuses for Canelo but u trash Golovkin?
        Hit me with some of that proof please. I ain't even try a fuk with you. I just want to understand. Some how he just bumped Pirog out of his "most feared" spot by doing nothing of note.

My three would have to be:
        1. Rigo
        2. GGG
        3. Danny G (only because he got hands put on him by Morales and Khan)

Rigo is self explanitory
        GGG has only beaten small guys with no rank and no punch
        Garcia I'm reluctant because that's just the kind of fighter he is and his style could cause anyone trouble at 140. Perfect slugger division for him.

Comment

Originally posted by MR. LARRYX View Post
          well maybe he should fight fighters in the top 10 and earn a shot..instead he is fighting a 154 fighter next
          He has tried to fight all of them larry. Each and every one.

Martinez - No.
          Geale - No.
          Sturm - No.
          Chavez - No.
          Quillin - No.
          Pirog - No. (still injured)
          Macklin - No.
          N'Dam - No.
          Murray - fighting Martinez.
          Proksa - just fought him.

that's the top 10. Try again please.
          Last edited by ИATAS; 01-09-2013, 11:33 PM.

Comment

A hype-job is a fighter that receives a lot of support from their promoter/network and the alphabet organizations to the point where it seems like they're the only one in their respective division that matters. A hype-job is a fighter that benefits from favorable match-making. A hype-job is a fighter who has few top/relevant names on his resume and is forgiven for it, due to their star-power/charisma/ability to be marketed. A hype-job tends to have numerous guys trying to fight him because they are aware that he is a product of the hype machine and desperately want some of that hype rubbed off on them. A hype-job tends to have an undeserved ranking when compared to his contemporaries.

Not all fighters match this description exactly, but some come mighty close to hitting all of those points. I think there are plenty of over-hyped fighters, but few "hype-jobs".
            Last edited by kiaba360; 01-09-2013, 11:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
              I don't like Broner & I'm not educated on Triple G, but I do know Broner has talent & at least Triple G wants to fight the best.

But ginger bumype is a total hyped up bum.
              Sooooo Canelo isnt talented?

Comment

Originally posted by studentofthegam View Post

Hit me with some of that proof please. I ain't even try a fuk with you. I just want to understand. Some how he just bumped Pirog out of his "most feared" spot by doing nothing of note.
                I guess I'll google for you:

WBA strips Daniel Geale of title for fighting Anthony Mundine instead of Gennardy Golovkin

The World Boxing Association announced that Daniel Geale will be stripped of his “Super Champion” status and Gennady Golovkin is named as their “sole WBA middleweight champion”. President Gilberto Mendoza made the declaration at the WBA’s 91st Annual Convention in Jakarta.

Geale won the WBA “Super Champion” title when he unified the WBA and IBF titles by winning a decision over existing WBA “Super Champion” Felix Sturm on SEPTEMBER 1 in Oberhausen, Germany.

However, because of Sturm’s long overdue mandatory obligation to Golovkin, the WBA declared the winner of Sturm/Geale bout must face the winner of Golovkin/Grzegorz Proksa by DECEMBER 31.

Golovkin defeated Proksa by stopping him in the fifth round in a very impressive performance. Geale has since declined to face Golovkin announcing he will fight Anthony Mundine in JANUARY 2013 in Australia.

http://www.************.com/2012/11/...pped-of-title/

Comment

Originally posted by Burner © View Post
                  Sooooo Canelo isnt talented?
                  Broner backed up everything surrounding his hype when he destroyed De Marco.

Who has ginger destroyed that I should believe he has this great talent, or power or the best at 154 or any where close to it?? Hatton??

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                    A hype-job is a fighter that receives a lot of support from their promoter/network and the alphabet organizations to the point where it seems like they're the only one in their respective division that matters. A hype-job is a fighter that benefits from favorable match-making. A hype-job is a fighter who has few top/relevant names on his resume and is forgiven for it, due to their star-power/charisma/ability to be marketed. A hype-job tends to have numerous guys trying to fight him because they are aware that he is a product of the hype machine and desperately want some of that hype rubbed off on them. A hype-job tends to have an undeserved ranking when compared to his contemporaries.

Not all fighters match this description exactly, but some come mighty close to hitting all of those points. I think there are plenty of over-hyped fighters, but few "hype-jobs".
                    exactly. This describes Canelo.

Golovkin and Rigondeaux have practically zero hype. Sure, there are some fans on the internet on a hardcore boxing fan site but that's it. No one knows these guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                      Broner backed up everything surrounding his hype when he destroyed De Marco.

Who has ginger destroyed that I should believe he has this great talent, or power or the best at 154 or any where close to it?? Hatton??
                      So again I ask is Canelo a talented fighter in your opinion. Yes or No?

Comment

Working...
                      X