Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which modern boxer has the best chin and recuperative powers?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A little surprised nobody has mentioned Carl Froch? Incredible chin & recovery powers after being hit, especially for the heavier weight categories where knockouts are more common.

If anybody has any doubts as to this, check out his fights with Pascal (I watched it ringside), Taylor, Kessler (I & II) and Groves I. The shot from Groves in round 1 would have KO'd 98% of other SMW fighters, yet Froch was up at around a count of 5!

Amazing chin, will & powers of recuperation - his best assets. What a fighter

Comment

Not sure if you talking about just ability to take a beating but if you
      re talking like a guy who has gets rocked and recoups then

I'll say JMM.. he's been rocked and put down many times, he always gets up or fights to stay up, regroups and then takes the punches better over the course of the fight. different than the cast iron chin chins of the others, but his recuperation is up there. Hopefully age and a bad knee dont prevent him from getting up and coming back one more time

Comment

Froch has to be up there. He did start getting stung a little bit more as he got towards the very end of his career, but he had an iron chin. I think he was only ever dropped twice and recovered well.

Vitali had a great chin, took an absolute pearl of an uppercut from Lewis in the 6th round i think.

Calzaghe had a good chin aswell apart from his final two fights where he was dropped with flash knockdowns. He took some bombs from Kessler. I remember he was dropped and hurt by Byron Mitchell (i think) and recovered well enough to stop him the same round.

Mayweather had a very underrated chin. That shot Maidana hit him with would have put a lot of fighters to sleep. Plus he recovered really well against Mosley.

Yeah Marquez recovery skills were great. Sometimes he looked better and more dangerous when he was hurt.

That's the difference between a lot of fighters, some can recover quickly and some can't. When Amir Khan is hurt, it takes him a long time to recover it seems. I don't even think its that his chin is that bad, but his ability to recover is.

Comment

Glenn Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by aretrospective View Post
            A little surprised nobody has mentioned Carl Froch? Incredible chin & recovery powers after being hit, especially for the heavier weight categories where knockouts are more common.

If anybody has any doubts as to this, check out his fights with Pascal (I watched it ringside), Taylor, Kessler (I & II) and Groves I. The shot from Groves in round 1 would have KO'd 98% of other SMW fighters, yet Froch was up at around a count of 5!

Amazing chin, will & powers of recuperation - his best assets. What a fighter
            Hell yeah Froch is on the list for sure. Still can't believe he got up against Groves..or Taylor.

Comment

Of guys fighting today the Russian 140 to 147 pound fighter Ruslin P. is extremely rugged. He is not hard to hit but he soaks up the hardest punches like a giant sponge. I don't think he has ever been close to being knocked down. GGG also seems almost impossible to hurt and he has been hit by some big punchers.

Comment

Provodnikov currently has a very good chin. The dude just keeps walking forward hes like margarito 2.0 except hes more skilled and faster.

Comment

Bradley took a beating from Provo and had it in him to last 12 rounds.

Comment

Marquez has the best recuperating powers

I might take prime morales as the best chin recently,,, took manny's bombs, smiled and walk straight thru them

Comment

Pac must get honourable mention. He was known to have a decent beard, until being put to sleep by JMM.
                      Now people rate Pacs chin lesser than khans youd think or neck and neck.

Comment

Working...
                      X