Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carl Froch v George Groves II - Who wins and how?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I picked Groves in the first one but this time I gotta go with Froch. He's just so mentally strong. He would break Groves.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
      Are you serious? /Golovkin

Would have thought you'd be picking Groves to win this one. I'm picking Froch too, but not with a massive degree of confidence.

I thought it would be straightforward for Froch too, but Groves proved himself to be pretty good on the big stage.
      I'm not picking him with a massive degree of confidence, I just don't think Froch will make the same mistakes as before. Unless the first fight took too much out of him, which it might have done.

I'm definitely expecting a different Froch to show up, but I think the same Groves will show up. And that was a good groves too. But a fully focused, lean, mean Froch would maybe e too much. But I don't know.

Comment

Froch stops him.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
          I'm not picking him with a massive degree of confidence, I just don't think Froch will make the same mistakes as before. Unless the first fight took too much out of him, which it might have done.

I'm definitely expecting a different Froch to show up, but I think the same Groves will show up. And that was a good groves too. But a fully focused, lean, mean Froch would maybe e too much. But I don't know.
          I'm not, to be honest. I don't think he'll run straight into a right hand next time, but I still expect him to be eating plenty of them.

Comment

i think it will be a great fight and there are reasons both guys can win ... leaning towards groves by decision but not with any great degree of confidence if froch comes in highly motivated he might get the late stoppage

Comment

Think if groves can stay focused and keep full concentration for the 12 rounds, He wins by stoppage or UD. But if the fight goes into the latter rounds and groves starts getting tired again anything could happen. I dont see froch fighting any different. his game is all about being the toughest guy in the ring. Against slick technical boxers hes always going to have problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
                I'm not, to be honest. I don't think he'll run straight into a right hand next time, but I still expect him to be eating plenty of them.
                Probably. But he just wasn't there that night. I expect more intensity from the beginning which could spell the difference.

Comment

Assuming we don't get another rubbish ref and it's allowed to go to its natural conclusion I expect Groves to take a decision

Reason being, the element of surprise is gone now so Carl will show him the respect he deserves likewise George won't be as willing to exchange late on like he was the 1st time. I think he got abit carried away with his success. If he sticks to his gameplan he wins on points.

The 1st fight told us that George was abit too quick for Carl and Carl was too open. It will be dangerous for groves late on although I expect now he has the experience Hel know what to do when it gets rough in there

Comment

Groves by UD.

Comment

Originally posted by PainfromUkraine View Post
                      Looks like this rematch will happen, so - predictions for the return?

Can Froch definitively prove his warrior image again and silence Groves by stopping him or simply winning again?

Can Groves deal with his stamina issues and work Froch over for a revenge win?

If Groves wins, is there a possibility of a rubber match or is Froch too old/shop worn?

Will Froch even take the fight or vacate the IBF belt?

Discuss!
                      Just thinking of Froch vacating the title...I wouldn't be surprised. If he does then there won't be a rematch, ever but I hope it happens and it happens in the next 90 days cos it will be a big fight.

How it plays out? I see a KO and both men have shown to have the power to hurt the other. Groves seemed faster and probably will be again but Froch is good at adapting and he has seen enough of Groves now to know that he needs to be more careful.

The result is either Froch stopping an over ambitious and reckless Groves or Groves having enough speed and skill to stop Froch in a war with Froch showing clear signs of wear and tear.

Either way, this will be a brutal one.

Comment

Working...
                      X