Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats stopping lara from fighting a top 10 contender at 160?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AneesMoha View Post
    I wouldn't because he said he will fight Floyd at 154 same as Ward says he fights Floyd at 160 or that he would go up to heavyweight to take on Klitschko and NOBODY holds those words against him, yet every post about Golovkin is "154-168 doe" which Golovkin never said himself, his trainer said that. For a title I wouldn't expect him to do it and I would be just as critical if it was made just out of the gate. For no titles that's another story hypothetically. What the folks on here want is Lara who is untested at middleweight to go up and fight the unified champion in the division that isn't right.
    The OP asked what is stopping Lara from fighting a top ranked middleweight and the answer is not a damn thing. The converse of that is"what is stopping Golovkin from fighting Lara?".
    And I will tell you and pose a question at the end if that is ok.
    1) WBA will announce Jacobs as the mandatory this week.
    2) When that happens he needs to fight either Jacobs or Saunders (WBO unification fight)
    3)If Jacobs vacates or gets stripped and/Or the Saunders fight cannot be made the the WBA can enforce Alfanso Blanco as their mandatory or the WBC can enforce Heiland as their mandatory.

The question I pose to you is the following and two fold: Should Golovkin then ignore his mandatory challengers for Lara and is Lara worth being stripped of a world title for when Golovkin is one title away from being undisputed champion?

I hope I answered your question objectively. Please be so kind as to do the same with the questions I posed to you.
    My retort is the same. Lara is considered the best at 154, he said he'd willingly go up to fight ggg at his division. No waiting, no in between fight, no getting used to the weight (as Canelo claims he wants to do and gets heavily criticized for. )

Could Lara fight someone else? Sure. Why though? if he wants to test himself he should be applauded. Especially against the boogeyman. He isn't calling out bjs, jacobs, quillin, lemieux, or even rosado at 160. He wants THE man we all know is the best.

He fails, so be it.

If I were a ggg fan who excuses every negative thing said of him I'd be all for a unification. If that falters (negotiations) then look for jacobs.. I guess.

if those don't get made, then look at a guy that wants the fight, not at those asking $5mil or crazy stipulations.

my 2 cents at least.

Comment

• Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
      Lara has fought at 155, Canelo has fought at 155. Canelo didn't have to prove himself at the full 160 why does Lara need to? Double standards Lil G fans, double standards.
      Canelo didn't fight Golovkin. He fought Cotto who also didn't fight Golovkin and also never fought a middleweight at full weight. Your argument is invalid and honestly childish and stupid.

Comment

• Originally posted by hhs661 View Post
        My retort is the same. Lara is considered the best at 154, he said he'd willingly go up to fight ggg at his division. No waiting, no in between fight, no getting used to the weight (as Canelo claims he wants to do and gets heavily criticized for. )

Could Lara fight someone else? Sure. Why though? if he wants to test himself he should be applauded. Especially against the boogeyman. He isn't calling out bjs, jacobs, quillin, lemieux, or even rosado at 160. He wants THE man we all know is the best.

He fails, so be it.

If I were a ggg fan who excuses every negative thing said of him I'd be all for a unification. If that falters (negotiations) then look for jacobs.. I guess.

if those don't get made, then look at a guy that wants the fight, not at those asking $5mil or crazy stipulations.

my 2 cents at least.
        I have not offered excuses I offered the reality of the situation. And I do see your point. I do not agree with you but I see your point. But I ask again and this goes for everyone of you folks that are pushing and moaning about this fight not being made. Is fighting Lara worth Golovkin being stripped of a world championship?

Comment

Canelo didn't fight Golovkin. He fought Cotto who also didn't fight Golovkin and also never fought a middleweight at full weight. Your argument is invalid and honestly childish and stupid.
          That's the point. If Lil' G fans think it's OK for Canelo to fight Lil' G without fighting and proving himself at the 160 limit, then why isn't it for Lara? Double standards.

Comment

I have not offered excuses I offered the reality of the situation. And I do see your point. I do not agree with you but I see your point. But I ask again and this goes for everyone of you folks that are pushing and moaning about this fight not being made. Is fighting Lara worth Golovkin being stripped of a world championship?
            I get the belt angle. I truly do. However, when the ibf stripped fury and he defeated Klitschko, did it hinder anything? While Canelo and bjs held two separate straps, did it tarnish ggg's reign and him being recognized as the best in his division?

Belts look great, and years ago they meant a lot. Today, depends what lineage and weight class you're discussing. In an age of A-side this and catch weight that. We have a guy that looks to be serious about challenging himself and the best MW of the world. Why aren't we clamoring for that? Because his style isn't fan friendly, or he won't bring Cubans to the stadium? Honestly, this fight is a beautiful contrast in styles that intrigues me, at least.

I would rather see Lara vs GGG regardless of a belt or mandatory of two guys I don't believe are better than Lara, regardless of weight class

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
              life, mang. that, and, let's face it, this place is very leavable .
              For sure. Its just not what it used to be

Comment

• I have never really been for the Lara fight. I think it goes about 6 uneventful rounds until GGG knocks him out. I think Lara vs GGG will wind up looking a lot like the Monroe Jr. fight, but with more running.

But, Jacobs is supposedly going on July 30th, so he's out for a September fight.
                If he can't get Canelo or Saunders next, he should just fight Lara to shut him up.

Comment

• GGG is p4p world-class, while Lara is not and is the smaller man ... and Lara is a boring runner - that's why people don't care to see GGG vs Lara

Comment

• Originally posted by LeonSpinxMwfpce View Post
                    So why can't lara just fight a random middleweight to see how he does at 160?
                    It's not that he can't, obviously, but it doesn't make financial sense to do so.

He can make more money defending his title than he can fighting a 10-rounder with Random Middleweight No. 1, obviously. On the other hand, if he's stepping up in weight to fight GGG for the title, that would pay more than he's making as 154 champ right now.

You act like no champion from one weight division has never fought up for a title without first fighting a contender in the next weight up. Which, I presume, you know is not true.

I'd rather see GGG fight Lara than any contender at 160, unless it's Canelo. But as that doesn't seem to be happening right now, Lara should be a viable option.

And I say that with full expectation that GGG would win. I just think it would be a decent challenge and an interesting puzzle for him to solve.

Comment

• Originally posted by mathed View Post
                      Because he knows that will lead to him fighting GGG and he wants none of that. He'll only bring up GGG's name when either he or GGG already have a fight lined up.
                      I was waiting for him to callout GGG after his last fight, but... What happened? Nothing!

Really makes u wonder...

Comment

Working...
                      X