Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Parker's Promoter: We're Heading To UK To Expose Joshua Myth!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Real King Kong View Post
    Bwahahaha

What a fraud
    That's disappointing. I'd hoped they wouldn't go down the easy money route after the Takam fight, but seems they're doing just that. This Haumono guy will teach him nothing, and just be another early rounds blowout.

Parker can legit be something big in the division, by his promotors need to think long term to achieve that.

Comment

If i was team joshua i would take this fight now before Parker gets another 2/3 fights in and more experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
        If i was team joshua i would take this fight now before Parker gets another 2/3 fights in and more experience.
        Parker is a non factor, he's not going to get any better especially not fighting chumps like this, he is what he is.

Joshua has bigger fish to fry, namely the Tyson Fury fight, IF he wins that, and it's a big IF. ****ing joseph parker isn't going to be an issue for him whatsoever

Comment

Originally posted by WTF Huck! View Post
          I'd say his main problems were two pronged: pacing and defence. The pacing he can work on, and indeed, the Takam fight forced him to do that anyway, but the trouble with his defensive flaws is that they're primarily a product of his aggressive style. He can improve by picking his shots better and working more off the jab to make openings and create distance, but that's not something that comes quickly or easily. He also needs to learn to fight more comfortably off the backfoot. He looked extremely ragged there, although that could have been as a result of him being dog-tired.

I wouldn't write him off completely in a Joshua fight, but I wouldn't be favouring his chances. True, if he takes Joshua into uncharted waters he might have the upper hand, but that would depend on how much the preceding rounds have taken out of both men. I suspect Joshua would enter those rounds by far the fresher man.
          Stamina is definatley a HUGE issue.

it wasn't that high paced a fight and joe fought quite a conservative style in terms of movement and he was GASSED by the midway point.

I mean if joshua landed a couple of big early body shots Parker would be keeling over by round 5

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
            Depends who those fights are against. Guys like Haumono aren't going to test Parker in the slightest, and would probably cause him to revert.

Comment

Originally posted by WTF Huck! View Post
              Depends who those fights are against. Guys like Haumono aren't going to test Parker in the slightest, and would probably cause him to revert.
              well this is the problem

and i'm telling you right now there is absoloutley zero chance of parker fighting anyone who will be even remotley competetive between now and his ibf shot

If he was to take a loss, Duco would be out of business, they barely broke even on the takam fight and are banking on hearn giving them a payday.

If they lose that and Parker loses his 0, it's over

Duco will not allow that under any circumstances..

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrone Biggums! View Post
                Stamina is definatley a HUGE issue.

it wasn't that high paced a fight and joe fought quite a conservative style in terms of movement and he was GASSED by the midway point.

I mean if joshua landed a couple of big early body shots Parker would be keeling over by round 5
                Could have been nerves to a degree.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrone Biggums! View Post
                  well this is the problem

and i'm telling you right now there is absoloutley zero chance of parker fighting anyone who will be even remotley competetive between now and his ibf shot

If he was to take a loss, Duco would be out of business, they barely broke even on the takam fight and are banking on hearn giving them a payday.

If they lose that and Parker loses his 0, it's over

Duco will not allow that under any circumstances..
                  That's my fear as well. Duco see Parker as a meal ticket, not a long term investment.

Comment

Working...
                  X