Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quillin: Absolutely wants Andy Lee on March 17. Just wants a fair deal.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by US Dirk Killer View Post
    There's no way Haymon can keep this up, so I'm not even worried.
    Quillin getting paid more than what he was initially offered?
    Time buys in multiple networks?
    Headliners getting paid much much more than Quillin?

Also these other 200 guys think that they'll make big money?

There's no way he can sustain the kind of payments he's throwing out before his time buys run out and doesn't get a network deal where he gets paid what he wants.

Then all these guys will get stuck with him and the litigations will begin.

Seriously, how is it a smart investment to have Qullin-Lee cost more than one network card in a time slot you're already paying for? Add to that the main even will cost at least twice as much?

There's no way he can sustain this before investors start to back down
    I'm really curious how it's all going to work too. He has a couple of big investors behind him, so it's not his personal money he's spending. Someone else mentioned this, perhaps his end game here is a bidding war. He's got all these networks showing boxing, perhaps after X amount of time he's expecting a big Fox UFC type deal offered to him. That would certainly payback his investors.

Comment

Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post
      I'm really curious how it's all going to work too. He has a couple of big investors behind him, so it's not his personal money he's spending. Someone else mentioned this, perhaps his end game here is a bidding war. He's got all these networks showing boxing, perhaps after X amount of time he's expecting a big Fox UFC type deal offered to him. That would certainly payback his investors.
      At the same time, he's blown a lot of money right now and these investors won't be spending for long if they don't see any results.

what was it so far?

Paying of Schaeffer
      Buying the other GBP fighters
      Enlisting 200+ fighters
      These supposed huge paydays that eclipse network budgets
      Buying airtime that's already in the millions

I can't imagine he can go long without producing results ASAP and getting the investors mad.

Remember when we thought GBP was doing good? Well looks like the investors didn't agree

Comment

Stop US Dirk you are making too much sense. NSB will overload

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
          Stop US Dirk you are making too much sense. NSB will overload
          Don't expect anything negative to come up from them too. Haymon already shown he'll lock down the media when he wants. cuz dis a bidness now, anything negative can frighten the share holders in his little intricate plan and if people start to get worried, their own trickle effect will happen..... where they leave because they realize they're just throwing their money away.

LOL at the savior of boxing. Dude's just going to take alienation to another level and once he's in control of everything, give us the good ole Garcia/Salsa fights.

What're we gonna do?

Nothing, he's saving boxing

Comment

Haymon is seriously burning thru some cash, that's what I find interesting. It's not like he has big time investors, he has money from Wadell & Reed for phuck sake, a real Hedge Fund or VC wouldn't ever invest in boxing.

Really interesting times to see what happens. He burned bridges at HBO and looks like he is playing Showtime, if he can't sell ad time or a network deal the house of cards is going to crash. I'm genuinely curios to see how this plays out. Especially considering how he had a very troubled departure out of the music business.

I really think his end game is a liquidity event, just like he did with his previous business.

Comment

Working...
            X