No announcement yet.

Avengers 2 trailer.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MaD vEiN View Post
    i don't know the whole history of Antman, im not really into comics but my utol always give me details about the whos or hows or whys in comics

from what i've heard Antman created Ultron, he's supposed to be the smartest scientist of them along with Reed Richards (Mr. Fantastic) and he helped(?) Avengers travel back in time to defeat Ultron. Maybe someone here knows the whole story
    black panther is also instrumental on defeating ultron if i am not mistaken. ultron is the ultimate villain..

Comment

i dunno. looks like a rich version of a michael bay tranformer movie which was utterly fcking horrible that last one.

Comment

its for kids.

im looking forward to the Daredevil reboot because they ****ed up the first one

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
          So pretty much another Avatar? Visually amazing but has a shit story.

I just can't get into these Marvel/Avengers flicks besides the first Iron Man, which is weird since I like most comic book/graphic novel films (Dark Knight, X-Men, V For Vendetta, original Spider Man, 300, ect.). They're just too predictable and campy, like regardless how "evil" and "menacing" the villain is, you know everything is going to be alright anyways. Meh, might still check it out though as I don't want to unfairly bash it before seeing it.
          Avatar was garbage lol, nobody knows how good the story's gonna be, nobody's seen it yet. All we got is this trailer. Trailers never reveal what the movie is actually going to be like. If you judge a movie by a trailer, then you will be wrong 99% of the time.

The avengers is the third highest grossing movie of all time and Disney/Marvel's most successful project.

I'm pretty sure they're doing everything within their power and resources to not **** this one up.

Comment

The trailer has 27 million views in 2 days. That's a pretty clear indication of how much money is riding on this franchise.

Comment

Comment

Yes, it's a fictionalized retelling of the Battle of Thermopylae, but the movie is a direct adaptation of Frank Miller's comic series, who was even the executive producer and consultant of the movie. So this constitutes as a comic book movie (can't believe I'm even arguing this), not some historically accurate film portrayal.
                I never said it was historically accurate. I was simply noting that it's based off of a historical event; thus, not from novel or comic book.

I don't read comics, nor do I know who Frank Miller is.

Comment

Originally posted by - Righteous - View Post
                  Avatar was garbage lol, nobody knows how good the story's gonna be, nobody's seen it yet. All we got is this trailer. Trailers never reveal what the movie is actually going to be like. If you judge a movie by a trailer, then you will be wrong 99% of the time.

The avengers is the third highest grossing movie of all time and Disney/Marvel's most successful project.

I'm pretty sure they're doing everything within their power and resources to not **** this one up.
                  Well, Avatar ("garbage" movie as you put it) is the highest grossing film of all time so this doesn't mean much. This new sequel is going to make a ton of money though, wouldn't be surprised if it comes close to the top spot.

Originally posted by robust_ View Post
                  I never said it was historically accurate. I was simply noting that it's based off of a historical event; thus, not from novel or comic book.

I don't read comics, nor do I know who Frank Miller is.
                  So, you're pretty much arguing about something you have no knowledge of. Or you're just trolling me? One can say that the 300 comic series is loosely based on a historical event, but the film is a direct adaptation of the book. It also happens to be one of the most faithful comic to film adaptations as well.
                  Last edited by _original_; 10-24-2014, 06:52 PM.

Comment

So, you're pretty much arguing about something you have no knowledge of. Or you're just trolling me? One can say that the 300 comic series is loosely based on a historical event, but the film is a direct adaptation of the book. It also happens to be one of the most faithful comic to film adaptations as well.
                    Not really. I was making the point it's based off of a historical event. That was it. Your first post was vague and ambiguous as to the source of the movie. You then posted pics from something and I referenced the actual historical event. I understand now what you're saying.

Thanks for the clarification. Looks like a cool comic.

Comment

Well, Avatar ("garbage" movie as you put it) is the highest grossing film of all time so this doesn't mean much. This new sequel is going to make a ton of money though, wouldn't be surprised if it comes close to the top spot.

How much a movie grosses has nothing to do with its development. Since you don't know how much a movie will gross until the movie is done. Unless Joss Whedon has a time machine.

A movie's gross however does have a lot to do with its sequel.

The Avengers is a worldwide success. Disney and Marvel are going to do everything in their power to not **** this franchise up, because they want to continue making billions.

Coincidentally, the trailer now has 40 million views in 5 days. Most trailers don't even break 10 million in 5 years.
                      Last edited by DARKSEID; 10-27-2014, 02:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X