Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could Mayweather defeat any of the current middleweight champions?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boxingfeind View Post
    If Floyd was so concerned about keeping his 0 why would he go to Junior middleweight to fight a much bigger Oscar when he could have done it at a catchweight like Pacquiao did?

And why did`nt Floyd take the catchweight Cotto offered him?Floyd instead told him he`ll figt him at his weight even though Floyd weighed in far below middleweight on fight night.

When Floyd signed to fight Zab Judah it was before Zab lost to Baldomir and that was considered a very risky fight for Floyd.Zab was coming off of a impressive win over a prime Cory Spinks who was an excellent boxer.And Zab went on to give Floyd problems in that fight.
    Oscar and Floyd both started at 130 but Oscar was already a wash up Coke snorter who tired after 8 rounds that is why Floyd fought him.

Comment

I think Mayweather would have a bigger problem with the punchers (GGG/Quillin) than with the boxers (Geale/Martinez).

Comment

I don't think so. Floyd is heavily skilled, but for a guy like Martinez who has speed, power, size advantage, and movement, it wouldn't be the best move for Floyd going on 37 years old.

But Floyd isn't a "small" Welterweight contrary to what some have said. He's been a legit Welter for years now.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingfeind View Post
          If Floyd was so concerned about keeping his 0 why would he go to Junior middleweight to fight a much bigger Oscar when he could have done it at a catchweight like Pacquiao did?

And why did`nt Floyd take the catchweight Cotto offered him?Floyd instead told him he`ll figt him at his weight even though Floyd weighed in far below middleweight on fight night.

When Floyd signed to fight Zab Judah it was before Zab lost to Baldomir and that was considered a very risky fight for Floyd.Zab was coming off of a impressive win over a prime Cory Spinks who was an excellent boxer.And Zab went on to give Floyd problems in that fight.
          I'll give ya' that Oscar was somewhat risky becuase of his size and former greatness. And because I'm generous, I'll not dwell on the "former" part of the equation.

How long ago was that?

Zab had already been KTFO by Kostya and in no less brutal fashion than Hatton (whom is generally considered "damaged goods" by the time Pac got to him) got knocked out by Floyd.

I'm a big Cotto fan and was proud of his performance in that fight but Cotto was definitely the underdog. That he did as well as he did was a surprise to most. It was no kind of stretch when PBF took that fight.

I thought that taking on Victor at the time he did was moving in the right direction (and said so various times), but by fighting the Guerreros and Alexanders he's regressing and getting older simultaneously.

Comment

Working...
          X