No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Frank Warren Discusses Broner-Burns, Britannia Card

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Frank Warren Discusses Broner-Burns, Britannia Card

LAST Monday it gave me huge pleasure to announce the Rule Britannia promotion.

It will feature several of our elite stars in high-grade title fights at Wembley Arena on Saturday March 16.

Top of the bill pitches Scotland’s WBO lightweight king Ricky Burns in a lip-smacking unification showdown with IBF champion Miguel Vasquez of Mexico.

It provides the 29-year-old from Coatbridge with a gilt-edged opportunity to surpass lightweights Ken Buchanan and Jim Watt as the most decorated Scottish boxer since the war.

All this nonsense about Burns swerving Cincinnati megaphone Adrien Broner, the WBC champ who now defends against Welshman Gavin Rees in Atlantic City on February 16, makes me laugh.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Normally, I don't particularly think Warren puts on great shows but this one is a good one. Must be hard for Chisora to change from being fighting on huge shows in the main event to being #3 or #4 on the supporting card.

Comment

Warren's funny, Burns' competition level far exceeds Broner's?

DeMarco when Adrien fought him is a notably better win than any of Katsidis, Moses or Mitchell when Burns fought them.

wrenching that super-featherweight title from Martinez a couple years or so back is still Burns' standout piece of work. since arriving at world level, his title fights/defences have veered between decent (Katsidis, Moses), ok (Mitchell) and awful (his two rotten mandatories at 130, plus Nicky Cook).

Comment

Originally posted by S. Saddler 1310 View Post
        Warren's funny, Burns' competition level far exceeds Broner's?

DeMarco when Adrien fought him is a notably better win than any of Katsidis, Moses or Mitchell when Burns fought them.
        Yep. Warren is simply wrong on that account.

I will say though that beating Miguel Vasquez would be an impressive feat.

The thing is that he might very well end up losing to Vasquez. We'll see.

Comment

Frank Warren doesn't even believe the **** he spouts.

Comment

Frank Warren... lol

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew5550 View Post
              Normally, I don't particularly think Warren puts on great shows but this one is a good one. Must be hard for Chisora to change from being fighting on huge shows in the main event to being #3 or #4 on the supporting card.
              Del Boy will probably be grateful just to be fighting in the UK.

Comment

He's fighting a good and tough fight in Vazquez.....he still avoided Broner for the second time.

Comment

What's the betting there will be a couple pull-outs?

Team McGuinness already pulled out after discovering their guy was scheduled to fight Walsh on BoxRec, yea nice one Warren. The original deadline for Walsh-McGuinness was 25th Dec, it passed with no contact from Warren, then announces it months later.

Annoyed as it was a good fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew5550 View Post
                    I think they're having trouble finding an opponent for Chisora. Charr was pencilled in but he appears more interested in trash-talking David Haye.

Comment

Working...
                    X