No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bellew Eyes Shot: I'm On The Tail of Chad Dawson

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Bellew Eyes Shot: I'm On The Tail of Chad Dawson

Tony Bellew edged closer to title contention with Saturday's unanimous points win over Argentina's Roberto Bolonti in Nottingham, but he had to contend with a gruesome cut above his right eye from the third round.

Bellew, 27, had been on the verge of a stoppage win after flooring the Argentinian twice before he suffered the cut that left the fight close to being halted.

But Bellew boxed smartly to avoid further damage to the eye and won by scores of 120-106 on two cards and 119-107 to claim the WBC silver light-heavyweight belt in what was also a world title eliminator.
    [Click Here To Read More]

'I'm on the tail of Chad Dawson'

Funnily enough I expect to see my first ever pig fly the same day as this fight happening.

Bellew - all mouth!

Lets see if he really pursues this fight.

Comment

Bellew is hardly the type to talk shit, if he says he wants this fight I believe him.

Comment

Bellew is a top lad but i think Chad Dawson would be too good for him.

But hey, if he earns his shot then good luck to him. I think he's one more good win away from a fight with Dawson.

Comment

Well i guess we'll see then.

If he does then I'll eat my words. I don't believe it for a second and certainly won't be holding my breath.

Comment

Dawson never turned out as good as many on here believed he would (myself included to be honest), but he is still several levels above bellew.

Comment

Originally posted by OptimusWolf View Post
              Dawson never turned out as good as many on here believed he would (myself included to be honest), but he is still several levels above bellew.
              Agreed.

Bellew is not good enough.

Comment

Dawson is scheduled to fight Pascal in March. So unless that fight is canceled, Bellew will have to wait for the winner.

Comment

Originally posted by SAJ10 View Post
                  'I'm on the tail of Chad Dawson'

Funnily enough I expect to see my first ever pig fly the same day as this fight happening.

Bellew - all mouth!

Lets see if he really pursues this fight.
                  Missed this part of your post.

There's many things you can call Bellew, but doubting his will to fight the best and become a world champion you cannot.

He was in tears after his close loss to Cleverley, you could see just from that how much he wants it.

He's one decent win away from Dawson. You better get ready to take a picture of that flying pig.

Comment

Missed this part of your post.

There's many things you can call Bellew, but doubting his will to fight the best and become a world champion you cannot.

He was in tears after his close loss to Cleverley, you could see just from that how much he wants it.

He's one decent win away from Dawson. You better get ready to take a picture of that flying pig.

------------------------------------------

He targeted Cleverly coz he thought Cleverly couldn't punch and that he'd have too much power for Cleverly.

However, Cleverly has a quality chin and it stood strong against the big punching Bellew.

More concerning for Bellew is that Cleverly (far from big puncher) rocked Bellew several times.

For me, he was a bully looking for what he perceived to be the easiest route to a World Title by stopping the less powerful fighter but Cleverly is a tough kid, tougher than he thought and Bellew fell short in a close fight.

If he can't beat Cleverly, no way does he look to Dawson when

a) He's a Southpaw - which Bellew admits to hating
                    b) is a quick boxer and combination puncher
                    c) has more power than Bellew has had to deal with yet - and he's been down 3 times at domestic level and rocked several times by Cleverly (not a puncher)

I think he's trying to make headlines and spinning bs lines that'll he'll look to fight Dawson for the reasons I've listed.

His will to fight the best has yet to be proven an is an extremely premature statement.

The current elite of the division being of the top of my head (forgive me if I've left anyone out).

Hopkins (legend)
                    Dawson (elite fighter)
                    Pascal (elite fighter)

Strap holders being

Cleverly (Champ but unproven at elite level at the moment)
                    Cloud (Champ but unproven - look at Campillo)
                    Shumenov (everything to prove still)

i firmly believe is that he'll look to fight Cloud or Shumenov then rematch Cleverly.

Nothing wrong with that except for the fact that he's saying he's targeting Dawson.

If I'm wrong I'm man enough to admit so, admit i was wrong on here pay Bellew his dues and eat my words.

I will also ride the flying pig and post of snap of it on here I am that confident i am right that Bellew will not fight Dawson in his next World Title Challenge.

Comment

Working...
                    X