Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Armstrong,Kobe, LeBron and Phelps all submitted themselves to the test why not Pac?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2009...-blood-testing

"I will not let my fighter take a blood test the day before a fight," Roach said. "If they give me a five-day window or something like that I have no problem with it."

Comment

Originally posted by ChiTown2Diego View Post
      It is simply about not allowing someone else to dictate how you operate. Manny shouldn't give a crap about Lance being the most tested athlete or whether he (himself) does or doesn't like needles. And he sure as hell shouldn't care about making this fight at any cost simply because "WE" want to see it. He has given people some good fights and if I was him I too would not allow someone else to dictate sht!

He can still prove what he needs to prove without allowing GBP and Floyd to dictate how he's going to play the game. He's the one on a roll of spectacular wins over big names (whether you grant them credit or not) and his team should be the one driving a slight lead in the negotiations.

For the record I respect both fighters and I see Floyd possibly winning by SD.
      Not allowing someone to dictate how you operate?
      Like Roach had Cotto the Champion fight for his 147 belt at the Challengers Demands. If he takes the fight "no one made him do it" and if he denies he looks like a weasel? Something similar?
      In other words Pac should not be allowed to have his cake and eat it too.
      He is sitting on both sides of the deal in his last 2 fight demands and cant look like the good guy both times/.

Comment

Originally posted by Dondi33O View Post
        ALL Righty then.
        Next time my company says they are about to perform random urine test's on me for drugs, I will tell them I need to know the dates and times(even though Im clean). I would like to see how they react or if they think Im trying to hide something.
        He's agreed to random all the way up until the fight. 1 scheduled test immediately after (and urine before) doesnt throw out the previous random tests.

Comment

Not allowing someone to dictate how you operate?
          Like Roach had Cotto the Champion fight for his 147 belt at the Challengers Demands. If he takes the fight "no one made him do it" and if he denies he looks like a weasel? Something similar?
          You can look at it however the hell you want but the bottom line is you're either in charge and dictating how it goes down or your following someone's orders.

Comment

Originally posted by PensionKiller View Post
            All I have to say to this is, all 40 of Mayweather's opponents did not have to do these tests.

No boxer in history has had to do these tests.

Mayweather is making this fight fall apart by asking for demands that have never ever been asked for before in the whole history of boxing.

Ali, SRR, Foreman, Louis, Duran, Leonard, Hagler, Froch, Hearns, Homes, Tyson, Holyfield, Lewis, Calzaghe, Klitcko's, Hatton, Abraham, Barrera, Morales, JMM, Cotto, Tito, Azumah Nelson, Tua, Clottey, Chavez, Whitaker, Pep, Taylor, Oscar, Hopkins, Roy, Vasquez, Guzman, Haye, Valuez, Bowe and many more

Have never ever taken a test like that of what Floyd wants. None have ever.
            Well For the fans that *******s that said that Pac is THE all time great, You said that because Pac is accomplishing things other fighters have never done. By going against convention thought or boxing wisdom you will raise eyebrows and doubts. Similar to Bonds, Mcquire,, Sosa, and ARoid, They did things others were not doing (like Pac) so they were tested.

Originally posted by Soir View Post
            Pac has something to hide.

End of thread.
            Dont know, but it certainly looks like it.

Comment

Nope. Your right.
              Now my question.
              You think Usain, Armstrong, Phelps, Kobe or Lebron were worried about testing positive.

Also they were required if they wanted to play...If they would have said NO, they would not have been allowed to play hence bring about much doubt and negativity.<------REALITY.
              But, again they can't say no cuz is mandatory.

Here is an example. Lakers and Celtics play in the finals. The owner of the Celtics says the Lakers are playing too damn Kobe is unstoppable. We want them to take random blood test throughout the 7 game series. They are in there right for saying NO. You are not our boss. We take the drug test that the NBA give us. And, the Lakers wouldn't be wrong for that.

But, in this instance Pac is willing to take the blood test. But, they just want a cutoff date. Like a 48hr cutoff date. And, anything before that could be random. And, if you think about it there is nothing really wrong with that.

Comment

Well For the fans that *******s that said that Pac is THE all time great, You said that because Pac is accomplishing things other fighters have never done. By going against convention thought or boxing wisdom you will raise eyebrows and doubts. Similar to Bonds, Mcquire,, Sosa, and ARoid, They did things others were not doing (like Pac) so they were tested.

Dont know, but it certainly looks like it.
                Ofcourse he has done things that others have not. He's achieved a hell of a lot.

Does that mean they are on roids? Does it mean that any athlete who is gifted should be subjected to more testing than someone who is not? Discrimination.

Being tested for roids isn't a bad thing, but Pac's team have agreed to a week ahead, directly after the fight and a month before.

If these tests up to 24hours before are so important to the sport, then let it also destroy the chance of the biggest fight in 20 or so years.

Comment

Originally posted by shogunn View Post
                  running 9 seconds and boxing 12 rounds are exactly the same. Thanks for pointing that out.
                  Go and find out what a teaspoon is.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post

Here is an example. Lakers and Celtics play in the finals. The owner of the Celtics says the Lakers are playing too damn Kobe is unstoppable. We want them to take random blood test throughout the 7 game series. They are in there right for saying NO. You are not our boss. We take the drug test that the NBA give us. And, the Lakers wouldn't be wrong for that.

But, in this instance Pac is willing to take the blood test. But, they just want a cutoff date. Like a 48hr cutoff date. And, anything before that could be random. And, if you think about it there is nothing really wrong with that.
                    Look man, You seem to be reasonable so I wont continue my little "crusade" with you. I am No *****, Or anti -Pac, or any obsessed fan really. I have yes paid more attention to Cotto recently because I am Puerto Rican. The only reason I have been going in hard at Pac is because of a few REAL *******s, I mean Real ones, While I was being Neutral, These Ridiculous *******s were Red K'ing me like crazy so I got upset and chose a side. Floyds side. I respect both fighters and really think this whole issue is dumb. I would like to see Floyd stop his "ways" and would like Pac to (however he wants) prove to us all he is clean. Simple truth.
                    More than anything I would like to see the fight. I have wasted so much time on this crap, I have yet to really analyze who I think would win, honestly.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post

A teaspoon of blood day off the fight or before will not do ANYTHING to Pac.

And its not like hes getting tested everyday.

Comment

Working...
                      X