Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The hell with PBF vs. Gatti on PPV-How about Gatti vs. Corrales?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This fight won't happen anytime soon.

Corrales is tied to Showtime; Gatti to HBO.

Same reason we won't see Gatti-Tszyu.

Or Mayweather-Tszyu.

Comment

Chico would KO Gatti within 6 rounds, probally more like 3

Comment

i take gatti by ko if this happens..i would pay to see it no doubt

Comment

Gatti vs. Corrales 10th

Comment

I'd actully kinda like to see a Gatti/Corrales fight. It would be interesting to see what Gatti does when Corrales is constantly pressing him, i'd imagine there be plenty of fireworks. But like its been said Gatti's an HBO guy and Corrales is a Showtime guy so it probably won't happen anytime soon.

Comment

No Neils is right it most likely won't happen but it is interesting to see how everyones opinion varies...many think it's Gatti by an easy stoppage and many think Corrales by easy stoppage.

The key word is stoppage and that is something we will be lucky to see if Floyd and Gatti get together!

Comment

"Chico" by stoppage 9th or 10th rd.

Comment

Chico would not carry the weight well. It dosen't matter that he is 5'11". He has a very slight frame and narrow shoulders. He is built to be a tall skinny guy. Not a dig against him, just a fact. He will fare much better staying at 130-135, past that he is in with guys that can go to 147lbs with ease.

Gatti would pound that long torso and make Chico lean forward, exposing his not so granite chin. Chico would have a punchers chance of course.

Comment

Besides the network conflict, the main reason you won't see this fight is because Arturo Gatti's people will never put him in with a big puncher.
                    Yeah, he fought Oscar....but got the biggest payday of his life to do so.

Gatti, despite his new boxing ways, is still easy to hit.
                    His people won't bank on Corrales NOT bringing his punch up to 140.

It would be a tremndous matchup....but one that will never, ever happen.
                    Last edited by jabsRstiff; 02-10-2005, 12:08 PM.

Comment

Just look how many times Leija tagged Gatti to see why Corrales won't get anywhere near Gatti.

Comment

Working...
                      X