Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does Andre Ward want to fight guys from smaller divisions like Floyd and Gennady?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Freedom2014 View Post
    Everybody wants to fight Chavez for the money - he brings high ratings and a big payday.

Ward has low ratings and isn't a draw.

I don't recall Golovkin saying he wanted to fight Chavez at 168. Ward has expressed a desire to fight him, but then bashed Carl Froch for wanting to fight him. Is that hypocrisy?

Ward seems to me to be a smug, egotistical, selfish and hypocritical prima donna.
    I can guarantee a Ward fight would give Golovkin his biggest career payday. And ward is definitely one of the biggest draws in America when he fights in his hometown. He's at least top 7. Ward-Dawson did $706,469 (and that's without any supporting fighters in the undercard or a b-side with any fans). Very few fighters can do that.

Originally posted by Freedom2014 View Post
    I don't recall Golovkin saying he wanted to fight Chavez at 168.
    http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id...is-stevens-tko
    Loeffler said. "Chavez says he can't make 160 pounds anymore, which is fine. We would fight him at 168 if that's what he wants.
    I don't get why it's so hard for the golovkin fans to say the r-word. Ward is too risky. Chavez is not. It's that simple. Any other stuff about wanting to unify or whatever before moving up is just nonsense.

Comment

Working...
    X