Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think Floyd Mayweather could have knocked out Robert Guerrero?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've never understood the point of these threads. The fact is, he didn't ko him.

Inb4 'well if the fight was 15 rounds he would have'.

Comment

I thought he was in the later rounds because Guerrero looked like he just wanted to go home

Comment

He didn't break his hand, that was just some BS excuse (for what I don't know)... he always complains about having some kind of nagging injury. I don't know why he does it because he doesn't need to...

Report: X-rays reveal Floyd Mayweather didn't break right hand vs. Robert Guerrero
        http://www.mlive.com/mayweather/inde...floyd_may.html

He probably wouldn't be fighting Canelo in Sept. if he'd actually broken his hand.

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
          When did he break his hand? I know he said he hurt it, but I'm pretty sure he didn't break it.
          Sorry, hurt it.

I don't know why I said break it. What I meant to say was hurt it.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
            Sorry, hurt it.

I don't know why I said break it. What I meant to say was hurt it.
            Hmm, maybe he broke a nail?
            His hand probably got sore from hitting Guerrero square on the face...

It's true that Mayweather's power is a bit underrated, but nothing in the Guerrero fight suggested to me that if they fought again Floyd would be able to stop him. As it is Mayweather only has two stoppages in his last nine fights, one came against a 140 pounder moving up and the other came from a cheap shot... he's not a knockout puncher, but he has enough power to get his opponents respect; he also rarely looks for the knockout.

Comment

Originally posted by BafanaBafana View Post
              Hmm, maybe he broke a nail?
              His hand probably got sore from hitting Guerrero square on the face...

It's true that Mayweather's power is a bit underrated, but nothing in the Guerrero fight suggested to me that if they fought again Floyd would be able to stop him. As it is Mayweather only has two stoppages in his last nine fights, one came against a 140 pounder moving up and the other came from a cheap shot... he's not a knockout puncher, but he has enough power to get his opponents respect; he also rarely looks for the knockout.
              No I would say his hand was very badly damaged.

I've already said in this thread I doubt he'd have stopped him regardless of the hand injury.

Comment

Working...
              X