Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who was the better Welterweight SRL or Hitman Hearns?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who was the better Welterweight SRL or Hitman Hearns?

Who was the better all fighter/boxer? All around skills, who was better?
    SRL
    73.33%
    Thomas Hitman Hearns
    13.33%
    They were equals.............
    13.33%

Originally posted by The Viper View Post

well, they fought, and leonard knocked him out. i'm not sure what you're asking, because that would appear to answer your question and negate the need to ask it.

we've also got a history section. you'll find many of the nsb posters have scarcely seen either man fight.

Comment

This ? has been answered a long time ago.....

Comment

Hearns is horribly overrated at welterweight. He gave Leonard a hard fight and stopped Cuevas. That's really it.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
          well, they fought, and leonard knocked him out. i'm not sure what you're asking, because that would appear to answer your question and negate the need to ask it.

we've also got a history section. you'll find many of the nsb posters have scarcely seen either man fight.
          Sorry man kind of new here didn't know it was a history section here, i see ur point, but i was asking skills

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post

Yeah and Buster Douglas was a better HW than Mike Tyson.

If it was 12 rounds like today Hearns would have won the SRL fight. Hearns outboxed him

Leonard wouldn't give him a rematch until 8 years later when he looked like he was on his way out, he won the second fight (SRL agreed that Hearns deserved the decision) and was robbed.

Comment

Originally posted by The Viper View Post

did u watch the first fight

Comment

Originally posted by MJ223 View Post
                This ? has been answered a long time ago.....
                You have the right avatar that is for sure because Leonard was my all-time favorite fighter bar none. I met him and he also answered an email from me once. I still have his email address. His autograph for me was a glove with a smiley face and his name inside. I have waited for a long time for another Leonard to come along and have come to grips with the fact that there will never be another Leonard. He beats EVERY Welterweight ever with the exception of Robinson and he would have given Robinsoin hell with that blinding speed and those combinations.
                Last edited by richardt; 12-17-2012, 09:25 PM.

Comment

Hearns was a freak at welter.

Comment

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
                    Yeah and Buster Douglas was a better HW than Mike Tyson.

If it was 12 rounds like today Hearns would have won the SRL fight. Hearns outboxed him

Leonard wouldn't give him a rematch until 8 years later when he looked like he was on his way out, he won the second fight (SRL agreed that Hearns deserved the decision) and was robbed.
                    mike tyson hardly trained for the douglas fight. his life was getting out of control at that stage.

hearns was at the height of his powers when he fought ray leonard.

if it was 12 rounds it would be a completely different fight. they'd behave differently. that's a silly way to think about a professional boxing match.

Comment

Working...
                    X