No announcement yet.

Arum Trying To Force Cotto To Accept A Catchweight Or Go H2H

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arum Trying To Force Cotto To Accept A Catchweight Or Go H2H

That is what the whole moving to Manny fight to Dec 1st is all about. The problem is this is going to anger Cotto to the point he will take on the cahllenge of a H2H fight of the 2nd and 3rd biggest draws in boxing. At the end Mannys numbers will take a bigger hit.

Originally posted by AnimalisticMeth View Post
    That is what the whole moving to Manny fight to Dec 1st is all about. The problem is this is going to anger Cotto to the point he will take on the cahllenge of a H2H fight of the 2nd and 3rd biggest draws in boxing. At the end Mannys numbers will take a bigger hit.
    Hence why Cotto better be more assertive than usual and call their bluff. Cotto vs Saul adds more fuel to the flame of boxing's Mexico-Puerto Rico rivalry, two nations with some real history in boxing.

I honestly can't see manny being dumb enough to compete and get an inevitable ppv number split by going against a Mexican-Rican event, Mexicans being the ethnic group most crazy about boxing

Comment

hilarious, get your ass beaten to a pulp the first time and losing your latest fight to Mayweather lands you a fight with Pacquiao.

Comment

Pacquiao v Cotto and Bradley v JMM on the same PPV would do big numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtli. View Post
          hilarious, get your ass beaten to a pulp the first time and losing your latest fight to Mayweather lands you a fight with Pacquiao.
          I would had verbally abuse you for your hatred of Cotto, but then I saw the pic of Finito Lopez.

That man is the greatest lower weights technical fighter I've ever seen!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtli. View Post
            Naw the hilarious part is Manny still wont fight Cotto without a catchweight

Comment

Cotto-Canelo shlts on anything Pacquiao has lined up with the exception of a Mayweather showdown obviously..

Pacquiao is in a bad position right now and Uncle Bobby has him stuck..rematches with Bradley or Marquez are not what the public wants...Bob Arum thought he was setting Bradley up to be his next cash cow by letting Pacquiao get robbed and setting up the rematch, the public caught on to the scam and aren't buying it.

Cotto shouldn't budge for anything under 152lbs, less than that they can kick rocks and fight Berto or something...

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
                Hence why Cotto better be more assertive than usual and call their bluff. Cotto vs Saul adds more fuel to the flame of boxing's Mexico-Puerto Rico rivalry, two nations with some real history in boxing.

I honestly can't see manny being dumb enough to compete and get an inevitable ppv number split by going against a Mexican-Rican event, Mexicans being the ethnic group most crazy about boxing
                That's why I think its a move to bully Cotto into a fight. The issue with that though is that Cotto chose GBP to headline his 12/1 fight at the Garden. I don't know if he has the ability to withdraw or not.

But Pac/Bradley would get run over by Cotto/Canelo so that can't be a possibillity right now.

Marquez/Pac would put up a better fight but its bad for business. You splitting up PPV buys between Canelo and Marquez fans. Unless he really wants to spite Cotto and GBP I can't see that happening either.

It's not like 9/15 where you have a PPV vs. a Premium Cable. This would be 2 PPV's going head to head.
                Last edited by -PBP-; 08-22-2012, 10:10 PM.

Comment

If it comes down to Pac-Bardley or Pac-Marquez versus Canelo-Cotto on PPV, HBO should do a 24/7 for Canelo/Cotto.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
                    If it comes down to Pac-Bardley or Pac-Marquez versus Canelo-Cotto on PPV, HBO should do a 24/7 for Canelo/Cotto.

That brings up another issue. Would Canelo vs. Cotto be on ShowTime or HBO PPV? Or would Pac-Bradley/Marquez move to Showtime PPV.

Both Cotto and Manny have fought on HBO recently but HBO won't put 2 PPV's head to head on the same date.

Comment

Working...
                    X