Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Remember when people said Floyd ruined Hatton?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by check hook View Post
    Hatton is underrated on this board for two reasons:

1. Floyd beat him

2. MP beat him

and 90% of the forum is dominated by these two fan bases who seek to diminish those wins, and hence Hatton sucks balls. In reality the Hatton that fought Floyd and KT would beat everyone in the 40 pound division right now, and anyone with any boxing acumen knows this.
    Very unfortunate when you read how Garcia and Broner would knock him out and Judah would kill him and Alexander would outbox him.

Comment

1. Styles make fights.
      2. Broner was jumping two weightclasses.

3. Paulie is more experienced now, ppl say he is past his prime and bring up cano but before that he had maybe his best performance against senchenko.

4. Broner is still far from the finished article, i knew that all along but lots of ppl got caught up in the hype.

5. Motivation. Paulie was obviously motivated for hatton too but this was different. He cant stand broner which is why he never gave in and went into survival mode like he did against hatton and khan imo. Broners talk backfired, he wanted to make paulie trade instead he just inspired him to put up the fight of his life. He would probably rather die than lose to broner in his hometown and it brought out the best in him. Very reminicent of judah against garcia, caught young blood by surprise that time too.

6. Hatton had floyd sr in his corner AND he listened to him. If you arent gonna listen it makes no difference. But he did and i always considered that his best performance after kostya. Paulie meanwhile had issues with his corner.

All that said i do agree broner is overrated which i assume is the point of the thread. I think he can live up to the expectations one day but he is still a work in progress. Triangle theorys are just so stupid, they never work, ever.
      Last edited by #1Assassin; 06-24-2013, 06:11 AM.

Comment

Biggest difference is the footspeed, Hatton could close the distance before Malignaggi could get off. Broner is a plodder.

Comment

i reckon the hatton of 2005/2009 would of destroyed broner

Comment

Originally posted by check hook View Post
            Hatton is underrated on this board for two reasons:

1. Floyd beat him

2. MP beat him

and 90% of the forum is dominated by these two fan bases who seek to diminish those wins, and hence Hatton sucks balls. In reality the Hatton that fought Floyd and KT would beat everyone in the 40 pound division right now, and anyone with any boxing acumen knows this.
            Totally agree.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
              your exaggerating Pauli didn't look too hurt wasn't out on his feet he was out boxing Hatton early in the fight tagging Ricky too caught him flush bunch times but again his lack of power cost him the fight

He maybe won the first round and got absolutely dominated from he 2nd onwards. He was rocked badly by a right hand in the 2nd round. He did more grabbing in that fight than Hatton because almost every shot had an effect on him.

Comment

Originally posted by Thornton Melon View Post
                Well Hatton beat down malinaggi after he lost to Floyd and that was a younger and fresher Paulie. So if a 140 pound Hatton can get a dominant tko win over Paulie should that tell us anything about Broner? I never thought that he had Paulie hurt or in trouble.
                I believe Hatton was being trained by May weather Sr for that fight.

Comment

FLoyd ended hattons career. Paulie has no power so hatton had little to worry about

Comment

I don't think Floyd ended Hatton's career. He did a number on him, but it was that brutal Pac KO that finished him. That kinda KO is something that takes a lot out of you.

Comment

Originally posted by Thornton Melon View Post
                      Well Hatton beat down malinaggi after he lost to Floyd and that was a younger and fresher Paulie. So if a 140 pound Hatton can get a dominant tko win over Paulie should that tell us anything about Broner? I never thought that he had Paulie hurt or in trouble.
                      before floyd-hatton 43-0 31 kos; post floyd 2-2 1 ko. perhaps floyd being the 1st to ko him did affect him somewhat.

Comment

Working...
                      X