No announcement yet.

They delayed the Rumble in the Jungle due to injury

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They delayed the Rumble in the Jungle due to injury

Foreman was injured (cut) while training for one of the biggest fights of all time the world wide audience was over 1bn for his fight against Ali, if they delay that fight then they can put back the Haye vs Wlad fight. I think this talk about new opponents is just a reaction statement I am almost certain the fight is going to happen. Both camps just need to calm down and sort out a compromise to get the show on the road. Haye’s camp are at the moment working on getting a date for July and there will be a press conference in London next week to confirm the details of what is happening

this is true, foreman was cut in sparring....

but how come tyson can fight with a broken back but haye cant?

Comment

Don't see the point in this really...neither Haye or Wlad could be Ali in their wildest dreams...

Comment

Originally posted by billionaire View Post
        this is true, foreman was cut in sparring....

but how come tyson can fight with a broken back but haye cant?
        Haye aint no Tyson. If he was to fight Wlad with an injury it would be dumb and plus there would be plenty of excuses if Wlad did beat Haye. That is what he doesn't want...

Comment

Originally posted by DavrosPremuleas View Post
          Foreman was injured (cut) while training for one of the biggest fights of all time the world wide audience was over 1bn for his fight against Ali, if they delay that fight then they can put back the Haye vs Wlad fight. I think this talk about new opponents is just a reaction statement I am almost certain the fight is going to happen. Both camps just need to calm down and sort out a compromise to get the show on the road. Haye’s camp are at the moment working on getting a date for July and there will be a press conference in London next week to confirm the details of what is happening
          There is no need to fight somoene else,sounds like someone is trying to run away.What I dont like about the rumble in the jungle is that the injured fighter ended up losing.I hope this wont be the case with Haye

Comment

David Haye aint no George Foreman. Wlad doesn't even need to fight him. Foreman had something Ali wanted/needed.

Comment

Hopefully they will delay it for a few weeks..
              This is the one i wanna see anyway out of them all...

Comment

Foreman was champ and Ali was the most famous man on the planet. The champ was injured.

Klitschko is champ and the R Kelly look-a-like is injured. Wlad wanted to fight months ago, I doubt he'll wait. I hope he doesn't.

Comment

haye said he would be ready on july 19 or something. thats only 3 weeks later. i dont see why this fight still cant happen

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow boxer 3 View Post
                    haye said he would be ready on july 19 or something. thats only 3 weeks later. i dont see why this fight still cant happen
                    A large part of that must surely depend on whether the venue is available.. I assume as a footie stadium it probably will be, so long as they don't make too much of a mess of the pitch. They need to decide quick, though, before it becomes too late for people to change travel plans.

Could go either way... might well come down to whether Chagaev actually wants a fight he will almost certainly lose. He won't get terms any better than Haye did, and probably rather worse. He may decide, if he has a decent case, to pursue the fight with Valuev, which is quite winnable for him.

Comment

Working...
                    X