No announcement yet.

Klitschko says he might fight Shannon Briggs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Klitschko says he might fight Shannon Briggs

After confronting IBF/IBO/WBA/WBO heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitschko (64-3, 53 KOs) on Thursday at the Lucky Street boxing Gym in Hollywood, Florida, Shannon “The Cannon” Briggs (58-6-1, 51 KOs) was able to get the 39-year-old Klitschko to say that he might get him a title shot in the near future.

It appeared to be an embarrassing meeting for Wladimir. Briggs appeared to be trying to intimidate the Ukrainian confronting him during his workout in front of the media. Briggs openly pawed Wladimir with his hands, and when Wladimir touched Briggs back, he was told by Briggs “Don’t you ever touch me like that. Don’t you ever touch me face. For real. I’ll put hands on you.”

Wlad's had enough easy fights already and you shouldn't reward bad behavior. They shouldn't let this wheezing windbag anywhere near Wlad on the streets or in the ring. Of course that's a reference to his asthma but I'd never call him that to his face lol.
    Last edited by TheStranger; 09-05-2015, 10:19 AM.

Comment

He was able to make Vlad say he might give him a title shot in the near future? Sure thing, Alt.

Comment

I hope not. They should just have a street fight or spar and call it a day. This does nothing for Wlad's legacy.

Comment

If wlad's schedule was fury then briggs then wilder,,,, I wouldn't mind

Comment

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

Comment

Wlad has been a good champion and ducked nobody. Briggs is ranked 47th by boxrec. Wlad always defends against guys ranked among the world's 10 best heavyweights. He shouldn't reward Briggs with a title shot for his outrageous, childish behavior. That's what Briggs wants. Briggs wants a big payday in a fight he doesn't deserve and has no chance of winning. He already had a shot at Vitali and he lost every minute of every round and damn near got killed. He landed about 5 punches in the whole fight. Please, Wlad, don't embarrass yourself by giving this free loading clown an undeserved title shot.

Comment

I'm at the point where I think Wlad might as well fight this dude and get it over with.

Comment

if it's in between two proper fights like fury and wilder/povetkin ii, then i guess it's forgiveable. he should really just put a beating on him in sparring though

Comment

Originally posted by sujana69uk View Post
                    After confronting IBF/IBO/WBA/WBO heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitschko (64-3, 53 KOs) on Thursday at the Lucky Street boxing Gym in Hollywood, Florida, Shannon “The Cannon” Briggs (58-6-1, 51 KOs) was able to get the 39-year-old Klitschko to say that he might get him a title shot in the near future.

It appeared to be an embarrassing meeting for Wladimir. Briggs appeared to be trying to intimidate the Ukrainian confronting him during his workout in front of the media. Briggs openly pawed Wladimir with his hands, and when Wladimir touched Briggs back, he was told by Briggs “Don’t you ever touch me like that. Don’t you ever touch me face. For real. I’ll put hands on you.”
                    I want Briggs to win! Then somebody will make a great inspirational film of a real rocky beating the champ! Yo Adrian, I did it.

Comment

Working...
                    X