Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what was it about Margarito that made some of you think he was a threat to beat Money

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aristocrat View Post
    This is why he was a threat to Money May

The man was shook

would you rather fight for a trinket or fight for the lineal title?? quite simple, at that time in 2006, Mayweather had nothing to gain fighting Margarito

He lost to Paul Williams I think that year or the next

If Margarito would have kept winning until 09, im sure it would have happened

until 08 he was a boogeyman that didn't beat anyone worth much....Kermit Cintron was never an elite boxer so don't even go there

Comment

it was the style match up and add Paul to the list. it has nothing to do with Margs being Mexican . Floyd never fought anybody like that he was going to have to dig deep to beat this style there is no if Margs does move A I counter with move C becaues Margs and Paul would punch with you and wouldn't give a ratass if they got hit. its a shame Floyd didn't fight both the closes we got was Madina but he just didn't have the same chin as Margs and Paul nor does he have the stamina or reach and will to win at all cost

the flomtards will come in HERE and say easy work I say BULLSIHT
      to bad Floyd didn't man up and fight them

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
        Look at how much success castillo had vs floyd... Margarito isn't as skilled but he was much bigger than castillo and floyd... His stamina, and floyd lack of punching power at welter, it would have been fascinating to see floyd try and avoid margs all 12 rds...

Floyd was much more skilled but guys like paul Williams and margarito would have been dangerous based on size and work rate...
        smh lets not act like floyd didnt have a broken shoulder in that fight....spinal

Comment

Pretty sure al haymon saying he was too big too strong....dude beat Sergio Martinez, Cotto, and gave Paul Williams a hell of a fight.

I think a lot of ppl also Thot he would have success like Castillo did especially since he would have a height advantage(remember even 2nd Castillo fight was a 7-5 or 8-4 type fight according to judges)

Comment

in my opinion his chin, ability to cut off the ring, as well as his strength and power advantage he had over floyd. imo his brute strength and ruggedness and the ability to walk threw whatever floyd could have thrown at him, get on the inside and bang to the body, that would have troubled floyd

Comment

Originally posted by solo20 View Post
              it was the style match up and add Paul to the list. it has nothing to do with Margs being Mexican . Floyd never fought anybody like that he was going to have to dig deep to beat this style there is no if Margs does move A I counter with move C becaues Margs and Paul would punch with you and wouldn't give a ratass if they got hit. its a shame Floyd didn't fight both the closes we got was Madina but he just didn't have the same chin as Margs and Paul nor does he have the stamina or reach and will to win at all cost

the flomtards will come in HERE and say easy work I say BULLSIHT
              to bad Floyd didn't man up and fight them
              yes i agree. im a huge floyd fan but ive been saying margarito would have been his toughest fight. maidana, cotto, de la hoya, even canelo couldnt walk through floyds punches, but were talking about a guy margarito who ate HUGE punches from guys like williams, pacquiao, cotto, mosley even cintron

Comment

If Mayweather fought Margarito, this thread would be named "What was it about Baldomir that made some of you think he was a threat to beat Money." The only difference would be the fact that Baldomir was a legitimate champ, whereas Margarito will always be a cheating, lowlife, low level chump.

To answer your question, it is the fact that Mayweather did not fight him. It allows them to fantasise.

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
                  If Mayweather fought Margarito, this thread would be named "What was it about Baldomir that made some of you think he was a threat to beat Money." The only difference would be the fact that Baldomir was a legitimate champ, whereas Margarito will always be a cheating, lowlife, low level chump.

To answer your question, it is the fact that Mayweather did not fight him. It allows them to fantasise.
                  you cant deny margarito is a tougher style than feather fisted baldomir

Comment

Margarito had a high work rate with an iron chin. He works the body and the head, same with someone like Paul Williams. Floyd would have to work all 12 rounds with guys of their size and work rate.

Comment

Margarito would have been one of Mayweather's easiest victories. When he had fresh legs it would have been a case of landing on an easy target, enough times to win the round, and staying out of punching range. Margarito is not quick enough on his feet, nor did he have the skills needed, to force Mayweather into a fight.

In anycase, Margarito is a confirmed cheat. Why do people still mention his name? Do you honestly think it means something when you say a fighter with bricks in his hands would give Mayweather problems?

Margarito is a chump who earned himself a ticket to the hall of shame. He can sit next to that chump Resto.

Comment

Working...
                      X