Collapse
No announcement yet.

i feel kinda jealous to kids/students today with their smartphones

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We didnt have smart phones, or even mobile phones, or the internet.
    It was fine.

My niece is impossible to talk to because she is obsessed with texting. Its ridiculous.

I always dreamed of a pocket tv, but now i have something far better its still kinda 'meh' after a while.

Comment

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
      HELL NO... actually the iPhone first gen came out when I was in 6th/7th grade I think. I remember some people had it and I was stuck on some like 2003 flip phone... then I got the Razr in eighth grade then some Samsung piece of schit for High School but it was able to hold mp3s which was cool as hell since I never had an iPod.

Got my first smart phone (iPhone 4s) when I was a Junior in high school, that being in 2011/2012. I really only liked it for it being an iPod and a phone. Texted a bit, I seldom text now.. if you wanna chop it up hit my line... I ****in hate texting nowadays
      yeah the razor cellphone was kinda popular too in the mid 00'

so youre one of the kids im talking about haha.

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
      they didn't allow cell phone in my school if your seen with one you will lose it. I remember my gameboy getting confiscated at elementary and had to bring a parent to get it back.

kids are lucky today

Originally posted by The Noose View Post
      We didnt have smart phones, or even mobile phones, or the internet.
      It was fine.

My niece is impossible to talk to because she is obsessed with texting. Its ridiculous.

I always dreamed of a pocket tv, but now i have something far better its still kinda 'meh' after a while.

what decade did you get into internet/computer?

i got into internet/computer in mid 00'

Comment

Originally posted by - Lefteous - View Post
        yeah the razor cellphone was kinda popular too in the mid 00'

so youre one of the kids im talking about haha.

Sometimes when I go into class I think about being a millennial kid. Everywhere on a college campus people are glued to their laptops/smart phones. If you go into class 5 minutes early EVERYONE is on their piece of technology.

Some months back in 2013 in San Francisco someone was shot(not sure if the person died) on a Muni bus(city bus), why did no one stop the shooter?

Everyone was on their iPhones. Now they added a voice track to the usual voice track to remind people to be aware and off their cell phones while on the bus.

Comment

Originally posted by - Lefteous - View Post

what decade did you get into internet/computer?

i got into internet/computer in mid 00'
          The internet as we know it today didnt exist when i was in high school. (89-94)

Comment

We entertained ourselves back then doing other things like jerking off under your desk.

Comment

I remember in school, must of been 10 years ago now.

basically this kid had a good watch. and we were watching a movie in class.

He kept turning off the tele with his watch! haha, teacher was like 'I don't no whats going on', half the class knew.

fuking hilarious

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
                I just copied of the Asian kid.

Kids today have no hustle.

Comment

The big shots when I was in high school had camera phones . I didn't get one till my last year of high school the quality was so ****ty though and every text I sent or received cost me 20 cents I didn't have much use for it until night and weekends when calls were free

The closest thing to a smartphone was a TI-83 graphing calculator which somehow people were able to install Tetris and Super Mario and if you had one of these you were everybody's friend.

At the same time we were better off since kids today walk around like zombies too worried about their social media life they rarely have time for face to face interaction.

Comment

I can't even imagine. I got my first cellphone in my 20's. I had a PAGER in highschool!

Comment

I'm kinda jealous at their ability to record upskirts with their phone, but other than that, nawww....

Comment

Working...
                      X