Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If the Klitschkos were two brothers from Detroit or Philadelphia...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by StruggleSnuggle View Post
    It's the poor state of the heavy weight division that turns every body off. I wouldn't give two shts if the Klitschko brothers where American or any other nationality it still wouldn't change the fact that the heavyweight division sucks and that alone most won't give the brothers the credit that they deserve. They are great at what they do with the very little and weak competition they have
    Everything here.

Comment

Let's be honest here, they would have been on PPV and would most likely be loved by many of the Americans and non Americans for that matter.

HBO would probably build up the HW division and say it is "firing on all cylinders" with the klitschko's at the forefront.

But they would still be criticized for being boring, the same way Mayweather is, and Lennox was. Because they are boring to the casual fan and many hardcore. If you don't have a particular like for either of the brothers personality or whatever, then you probably wouldn't watch their fights.

I couldn't care less about GGG's personality, but i'm tuning in for his every fight. So it's not solely down to language and culture, but it's a big big part.

'Comes with the territory.

Comment

STILL waffling on about the fcukin klitschkos!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by StruggleSnuggle View Post
          It's the poor state of the heavy weight division that turns every body off. I wouldn't give two shts if the Klitschko brothers where American or any other nationality it still wouldn't change the fact that the heavyweight division sucks and that alone most won't give the brothers the credit that they deserve. They are great at what they do with the very little and weak competition they have
          I don't agree. The HW division is in pretty good shape at the moment. 5 years ago it was rubbish, belts were all over the place and they were held by crap 'champions' and nobody was fighting each other etc.

Nowadays, you have a lot of new guys making noise like Fury, Jennings, Wilder, Scott, Pulev, Glazkov, Stiverne etc etc. And you have your experienced lot in the brothers, Haye, Povetkin etc. And most importantly, there's one champion. Well two, but we all know there's only one. It's bringing in good numbers with the networks and you have two fights in the fall including 4 of the top 8 guys in the division probably.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
            If you don't have a particular like for either of the brothers personality or whatever, then you probably wouldn't watch their fights.
            I don't have a particular like (or dislike) for either of them but I watch their fights when I think their fights will be competitive.

Klitschko v Charr & Pianeta is a waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
              I don't have a particular like (or dislike) for either of them but I watch their fights when I think their fights will be competitive.

Klitschko v Charr & Pianeta is a waste of time.
              Yeah sure, so do I. I mean, I do catch the occasional Klitschko fight. Hell, I've even been to a couple of their fights (Haye, Thompson II). But it is absolutely not a must watch for me, and I don't really recall an entertaining Wlad fight from the last 5 years if not more. It can sometimes be fun to watch Vitali put a royal beating on someone, but he's dropped the entertainment aspect of it a lot since his comeback.

Comment

Wouldn't make a difference to me.

I like Wlad out of the ring, he's a classy guy. Inside the ring however, I have little interest. I think almost nothing of at least 90% of his opponents (and even less of Vitali's) and that's just not appealing.

Comment

Division would still suck. They'd have different fans but be looked at exactly the same.

Comment

Originally posted by San Iker View Post
                    They would be considered the greatest to ever do it.

I mean look at bums like Eddie Chambers and Kevin Johnson. Americans proclaim them as world class fighters but they're str8 bums.

Imagine the Klitschkos?
                    Are you seriously pretending American fans hyped up Eddie Chambers or Kevin lumping Johnson?

At least think up a better lie and say we pretended Sam Peter was American or something.

Comment

There are certainly a number of butt-hurt black dudes who would strangle "dey babee mamuh" with their hot sauce-stained doorag at the thought of white guy winning.

Comment

Working...
                      X