No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Abner Mares Vacating The WBC Title, Heading Up To 126

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by warp1432 View Post
    This move is too soon. Wouldn't mind him seeing fight Jhonny Gonzalez as his first fight there though. That'd be a good match up
    that'd be a very ballsy move for mares for his first fight at 126 .. not only is gonzaless a good outside fighter ,unlike moreno, he's a dangerous puncher too so that lungin in to close the gap aint gonna work good for mares..and i dont think he can outbox gonzales either esp that he's not a puncher given he's not even a puncher at 122... .

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
      Beating Moreno > Beating any 122 lb fighter not named Donaire, who doesn't seem possible
      i don't know about all that

Comment

Can't hate the man for being hungry. Good for him.

Comment

Really don't like this move

Comment

He was already too small for 122 and now 126???

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
              Beating Moreno > Beating any 122 lb fighter not named Donaire, who doesn't seem possible
              LOL yea right. He won that fight because he bigger than Moreno. Very little to do with skill. Lets stop overrating Moreno. If this guy stepped up against Donaire he would end up way worse than Sidorenko. He's featherfisted and Mares walked through his punches and over powered him. If he stepped up against Rigo he would get stopped.

Mares fought a bunch of 118 lbers at 122, over powered them and held the title. Now that he's moving up to 126 he might finally fight someone at 122 lol.

Comment

Originally posted by .Boxeo. View Post
                lol dont make me laugh, santa cruz very solid young fighter but he hasnt even fought any fighter of note not to mention at 122. He a solid fighter but he has to pave his own path, he is in no way form or shape on Mares radar.
                Good points, however, if Mares felt as confident as you do Mares would have accepted Santa Cruz's multiple challenges then moved up to 126. Mares is good but I've noticed he always fades in the late rds and with Santa Cruz's work rate, especially to the body, I definitely feel Santa Cruz's would win by UD or late stoppage. Santa Cruz is an undefeated champion who has beaten top ten opposition, styles make fights and his is perfect for Mares, but not Donaire's or Rigo's yet.

Comment

Love these guys down playing the Moreno win....no one thought Mares would win that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
                    Bad idea. Who's he gonna fight?
                    There's plenty of options, 126 is loaded with many possible fights such as, Hasegawa, Dibb, Caballero, Salido, and John. I left out Garcia, Gamboa, Russell Jr, Ponce De Leon, Gonzalez and Lopez because these guys are too much for him as a first and second fight for Mares at 126. The first group of fighters I actually believe Mares has a legit chance of using his boxing ability and speed to outpoint them to a decision. It would be way too risky for Mares to rush into the second group of fighters I listed cuz they all posses too much power for him at this very moment. Let Mares' body frame get accustomed to 126 lb before he challenges the power punchers in the division.

Comment

Originally posted by Phantomas
                      Hahaha, Donitas wont have any place to run.
                      ma man for real...mares is fighting the best like or not.. see u at 126 nonita......

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Working...
                      X