No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Merchant on Victor Ortiz's Career, Fight With Canelo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Merchant on Victor Ortiz's Career, Fight With Canelo

The spotlight will again be on Victor Ortiz tonight as the former welterweight champion sets foot inside the Staples Center in Los Angeles to meet up with the capable Josesito Lopez. Ortiz has stamped himself as one of the more intriguing characters inside of the ropes and you simply never know how a fight with him is going to play out.

There is an added subplot to the Lopez fight, however, as a September 15th date with WBC junior middleweight champion Saul ‘Canelo’ Alvarez will await Ortiz if he is successful. A red-freckled Mexican superstar, Alvarez is one of the hottest names in the sport and a match between him and Ortiz would be can’t-miss television.
    [Click Here To Read More]

i want to like ortiz but he seems mentally unstable

Comment

i want to see mayweather v ortiz 2

Comment

Originally posted by treason1 View Post
        Victor is emotionally conflicted.
        He loves the sport yet depises the price it makes you pay.

This makes him unpredictable and extremly dangerous on any given night.

Comment

hopefully Ortiz is fully matured from the Maidana and Mayweather fight. He proved himself to me in the Berto fight

I am 100 percent behind the kid and want a KO tonite !!!!

I am hoping for a rematch with the Jailed ONE and believe with a level head he can take the blue print the Cuban trainer for Cotto made and go KO the ONE in Jail that BLEEDS

Comment

The blue print only won Cotto 3 rounds. Not sure that is a good blue print. Plus Cotto is 10x the fighter Ortiz is. He had a lot of momentum after the Berto fight but him falling apart against Floyd and his admission that he was intentionally trying to headbutt Mayweather hurt him and any chance he had at a rematch. Besides he only had one close round against Mayweather and was getting dominated before the headbutt. He has a better chance to beat Manny since Manny is clearly in decline. Either way he has a ways to go before his skills catch up to his talk.

Comment

Originally posted by twosweethooks View Post
              hopefully Ortiz is fully matured from the Maidana and Mayweather fight. He proved himself to me in the Berto fight

I am 100 percent behind the kid and want a KO tonite !!!!

I am hoping for a rematch with the Jailed ONE and believe with a level head he can take the blue print the Cuban trainer for Cotto made and go KO the ONE in Jail that BLEEDS
              cotto looked a lot better with his new trainer. but he still got his behind handed to him. and i like vicious vic but floyd's accurate punching had him looking for a way out. i would like to see pac fight vic insted of fighting these little guys with little to no power. for once i want to see pac in a fight with a young lion with power. vic would ko pac due to pacs lack of defense. if JMM had good power he would have ended pac.

Comment

Originally posted by treason1 View Post
                whats up treason! i like vic he seems like a good kid, except for that blatant head butt v floyd. his past may still be haunting him. i can relate. my children have a hard time understanding why i work so hard at the hospital and for myself. but i never want them to taste the poverty i grew up in. fear of returning to that past drives many athletes. and is constantly in the back of your mind. hopefully vic can channel that fear and make it work for him. good luck vic.

Comment

Originally posted by CLubberLang View Post
                  The blue print only won Cotto 3 rounds. Not sure that is a good blue print. Plus Cotto is 10x the fighter Ortiz is. He had a lot of momentum after the Berto fight but him falling apart against Floyd and his admission that he was intentionally trying to headbutt Mayweather hurt him and any chance he had at a rematch. Besides he only had one close round against Mayweather and was getting dominated before the headbutt. He has a better chance to beat Manny since Manny is clearly in decline. Either way he has a ways to go before his skills catch up to his talk.
                  Good Take, True Story...Gotta a give him credit, for his ACTING
                  ABILITY!!!
                  Last edited by jbpanama; 06-23-2012, 01:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X