No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Canelo Kicks Up The Tempo in Training Camp

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Canelo Kicks Up The Tempo in Training Camp

Saul "Canelo" Alvarez has kicked up the tempo for his fourth defense of the junior middleweight crown of the World Boxing Counil (WBC), against former three-time world champion Shane Mosley on the 5th of May at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas. Canelo continues his training at the gym "Julian Magdaleno." Edison Reynoso, trainer and athletic director of Canelo Promotions, says the training camp is going great. The team will shift their camp to the mountains of Big Bear, California in the month of March.

[Click Here To Read More]

this guy better be on his a-game and really put on a good performance against mosley. even though shane's old i think he's still got pop so saul can possibly be rocked in this one imo. also, mosley lost to mayweather and pacquiao, no shame in that, losing to this kid will really be the nail in the coffin for his career, this is literally his last chance imo. hopefully it's a decent fight where mosley isn't running away the entire fight.

Comment

please KO mosley so he can retire already

Comment

why he is fighting Mosley is beyond me..........guy loses 2 lop sided fights and gets a draw with Mora and somehow some way gets another damn title shot

Comment

Originally posted by Larryx2011 View Post
          why he is fighting Mosley is beyond me..........guy loses 2 lop sided fights and gets a draw with Mora and somehow some way gets another damn title shot
          same can be said about kermit cintron. just another known name to put on this kid's resume. if he beats mosley i really think mayweather/alvarez will happen in late 2012 if arum doesn't man up. it'll be for the wba/wbc 154 titles.

Comment

Originally posted by chiguy91 View Post
            same can be said about kermit cintron. just another known name to put on this kid's resume. if he beats mosley i really think mayweather/alvarez will happen in late 2012 if arum doesn't man up. it'll be for the wba/wbc 154 titles.
            Canelo is not ready and most likely will never be ready for Mayweather Jr, especially if he continues with this type of fights against old faded guys like Mosley and Cintron.

Comment

Originally posted by vacon04 View Post
              Canelo is not ready and most likely will never be ready for Mayweather Jr, especially if he continues with this type of fights against old faded guys like Mosley and Cintron.
              yeah but i think it'll make the sense moneywise for gbp and them. if it's not pacquiao for later 2012, then who can it be? bradley, he would be coming off a loss to pacquiao. berto/ortiz winner? doubt it. khan if he beats peterson? not sure. alvarez has another 154 belt, is undefeated, and has a huge following. instead of mayweather fighting someone like martinez (who would be a bigger guy than alvarez), and alvarez fighting someone like the kirkland/molina winner, i think they'd rather do this. obviously it's not a good fight cause alvarez would get embarrassed but i think it'd make the most sense to them. i could see it happening, unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by Larryx2011 View Post
                Same reason Pac fought Mosley (He's not "too good" anymore, he's not a champion, he's old, losing, and is just a big name).

Comment

Wow he really turned the tempo on in those pics

I think i see a drop of sweat

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                    Wow he really turned the tempo on in those pics

I think i see a drop of sweat
                    I was also surprised he looked pretty refreshed lol.

Comment

Working...
                    X