No announcement yet.

Fury "fans" crawling out of the woodwork

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by alexguiness View Post
    I won't say I'm a fan of Tyson Fury but...

He deserved the win and he is his own man.

He is great for the HW division and sport overall.

I don't think he will be a Great Champion.

But fair play to the guy, he delivered last Saturday.

that fight was f#cking garbage. credit to him for winning an upset, but that's not good for the division. HW are going to be hard pressed to get back on american TV after that fight .

the only way you liked that fight is if you're a british fan of tyson fury. and that's fine. you want your guy to win. but don't act like it was a geat fight, please. that was one of the worst fights of the year. tyson jerked around all night like he was trying to shake flies off of his face, and klitschko just stared at him.

Comment

Originally posted by denium View Post
      Where were you all during the build up? The Master thread got very lonely for us true Fury fans at times.

"Wladimir gonna knock Fury out with the first right hand he lands doe"
      not sure if it's crawling out of the woodwork as much as being won over. people can become fans of fighters you know. I'm not a fan of his really but I can say he deserved the win and you never know he may be a breath of fresh air (I'm not convinced he is going to deliver exciting fights though judging by his last few)

I say good luck to him though and lets see what this new heavyweight era brings.
      Last edited by Daddy T; 11-30-2015, 10:59 AM.

Comment

The Fat Yanks seem even more bitter than the Wlad fans and you can probably see why if you listen to the HBO version.

Gotta laugh at that **** Jim Lampley. Last weekend on Canelo-Cotto, he said that Wladmir would have no issue "vanquishing British challenger Tyson Fury"

Comment

Not a Fury fan and didn't give him much of a chance to win, but i'm glad he did and will continue to celebrate the dethroning of one of the biggest shit stains in boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Daddy T View Post
            not sure if it's crawling out of the woodwork as much as being won over. people can become fans of fighters you know. I'm not a fan of his really but I can say he deserved the win and you never know he may be a breath of fresh air (I'm not convinced he is going to deliver exciting fights though judging by his last few)
            Tyson Fury was the most ridiculed and disliked fighter in boxing. Then he out-boxes Wladimir Klitschko and suddenly everyone is like "I knew Fury could do it, Wlad's nothing more than a stiff bum"

Seriously. I'd say that 80% of NSB thought Fury was a bum before Saturday night.

Comment

I expected Klitschko to destroy him, so huge credit to Fury. I thought it was an exciting fight because someone was beating Wlad. Nobody is pretending it was Hagler-Hearns, but an exciting fight because of the stakes and result.

Comment

Happens anytime there is a big fight that the underdog wins. Its a completely standard situation.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                  i have no shame in admitting htat wladimir was either:

A: shot to pieces and unwilling to throw his right hand.

B: poisoned.
                  As always

Comment

oh whatever i have had this fury photo off and on for awhile now and besides fighters are allowed to get new fans its not against the rules

Comment

It's always the same. If I support a fighter I support them till the end! It's just like when KB won his title everyone jumped on the bandwagon.

Comment

Working...
                      X