Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jean Marc Mormeck returns this weekend from 2 years absenece after Klitschko loss

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jean Marc Mormeck returns this weekend from 2 years absenece after Klitschko loss

here is the google translated page from the french story i just found after doing a quick search on Mormeck.. he's back this weekend from a 2 year break after losing to wlad Klitschko by KO

Boxing: Jean-Marc Mormeck back in the ring

By LEXPRESS.fr, published 06/03/2014 at 20:30
    After more than two years of absence, Jean-Marc Mormeck will go up against a ring Hungarian Tamas Lodi. The fight will take place on June 26 at Asnieres.

Jean-Marc Mormeck: "The aim is to play my tenth and final world championship this year."

http://www.lexpress.fr/actualite/spo...g_1548513.html

REUTERS / Charles Platiau

Jean-Marc Mormeck is not KO . The French boxer has proved the day of his 42 years on Tuesday by announcing his return to the ring after a two year absence and defeat Wladimir Klitschko to face . His next fight will take place on June 26 at Asnieres where he will face Hungarian Tamas Lodi.

Guadeloupean do not want to end his boxing career a failure . In Düsseldorf, Klitschko, who won his 57th fight in 60 played 50 before the deadline which had never been bothered by Mormeck, who had paid his lack of size (-17 cm), Reach (-18 cm) and weight (-13 kg). Forced to one knee after a terrible live right in the 4th round, the French boxer had been thrown to the mat after a series of strokes.
    The last challenge

But this new duel could well be the last of the French boxer, if he fails to beat his opponent. Indeed, Mormeck has indicated that if defeated, he would end his career. His Hungarian opponent (13 wins including 11 by knockout, 2 losses, 1 draw) has a points defeat in Hamburg on May 16 against the Albanian Nuri Seferi, against which he defended his WBO European title.

"I now make a final challenge. With this fight, I want to return to the world light-heavyweight rankings. Objective is to play my tenth and final world championship this year. I am ready to take all risks June 26. I know this is my only chance to get one last belt. If I lose, I will bid farewell to the ring, "said Jean-Marc Mormeck.

Is he back at cruiserweight? Maybe he could still grab a belt there.

Comment

Working...
    X