No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather-Canelo: Saul Says Both Sides Budged on Weight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
    That's not the issue, Canelo rehydrating 19 pounds heavier after the weigh in against Trout is. Whether that's within rule or not, it's an insane amount of weight. I think Floyd tried to make things into more of an equalizer, and Canelo himself sees that as well, unless you didn't read the article.
    Let me remaind you Trout rehydrate to 170 or 171 as well, so no diference in that fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by stefl14 View Post
      Floyd can't do any wrong in your eyes. Floyd said that Cotto weighed 168 on fight night (I don't believe that at all) yet he can't let Canelo get to 172? This is about putting Alvarez at a psychological and possibly physical disadvantage. From a purely physical point of view I don't think it will make too much of a difference in the same way that I don't think Cotto was hurt by coming in at 145 but it could make a difference. However I think it's an absolute ***** move by Mayweather given that there could be psychological and possibly physical implications for Canelo and this is the only reason they are doing it. Canelo has to dry out so much already that this is just a total ***** move. Canelo isn't going to punch any less hard as he will still rehydrate hugely. This isn't about power and size cos Canelo will still be huge - it is about hoping Canelo gets even more tired than he usually does and feels at a disadvantage. The move is simply indefensible. In my view catchweights should NEVER occur they are just bull****.

You think Cotto was hurt by coming down to 2 pounds for Pacquiao but yet you don`t think its gonna hurt Canelo?Your argument is so unbias(sarcasm).The 2 extra pounds make a difference in punching power and physical strength. There`s weight classes for a reason.

You think its b*tch move by Floyd for fighting Canelo at a catchweight but you don`t think its a B#tch move by Canelo outweighing Floyd by over 20 pounds?And you don`t think its a B#tch by Canelo not willing to move up to 160 to fight Martinez even Though Canelo comes in at a lightheavyweight on fight night?You are clearly bias towards Canleo and Bias against Floyd.

And Floyd chose a catchweight so Canelo can come in smaller then he usually does cause Canelo is gonna outweigh Floyd at a huge margin anyway so he wants to reduce the amount of weight he`s gonna outweigh him.And Canelo should not even be fighting at Junior middleweight but you want to preserve your precious Canelo which is why i bet your ok with him fighting at 154.

And yes Floyd is a hypocrite for choosing to fight a guy at a catchweight when he criticised Pac juice for doing the same thing but Pac juice is also a hypocrite for turning down a random drug test and claiming taking blood makes him weak and that Maywaeather is trying to dictate the fight and says let the commissioner do their job but then Pacquiao go on to ask Brandon Rios to take the same test Floyd asked him to take but none of you Pac fans criticize him for that.

Comment

• "I look at Miguel Cotto as an undefeated fighter because he faced Pacquiao, but Pacquiao caught him at a catch weight. He wasn't the best Miguel Cotto. He was drained. He wasn't hydrated."

--Floyd Mayweather via HBO's Face Off with Max Kellerman.

Ortiz reportedly rehydrated between 164-167.
        Cotto similar numbers.
        Last edited by switchsouthpaw; 05-31-2013, 07:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X