Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya's Latest Tweet Fuels Comeback Speculation

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wwweight drained weight issue blah blah once u signed the contract means ur stepping up. Only its a weight issue if the weight difference is 15lbs above come fight night

Comment

It just sounds like he's hyping up his cash cow, nothing more.

Comment

Could be trying to set up that fight with Hatton again?Might be a meaningless fight now but would make a lot of money!

Comment

Originally posted by julian45 View Post
          I am concerned that he is comming back to kick my ass for tweeting him every day for a month to Call Lou DiBella as Canelo has asked and sign that Martinez fight so we wont have to hear about that over hyped guy that has never fought anyone at 154, speaking of 154 how does he know who canelo can beat at 154 he only fights 147 and 140 dudes
          LOL HE delahoya should fight hatton

Comment

Cotto-De La Hoya 2013

Comment

Originally posted by hiroshi View Post
              I totally don't agree with his statement, but I think that the way he said goodbye was not the one fans were expecting. Pacquaio drag him down the weight and beat him under incompetitive conditions as he usually does. I'm just not sure Sturm is the opponent i would like DLH to face for that kind of event.
              Wrong! was Del la Hoya that came up with the idea to fight Pacquiao at 147 lbs. He came and presented the idea to meet at welter weight limit to the Pacquiao camp. The entire fight and weight was completely Del Le Hoyas idea.

Comment

He wants another crack at Mayweather? I'd love to see de la Hoya fight again...I know he'd do better than morales haha...I'd like to see him fight cotto...but February probably wouldn't work for cotto

Comment

Originally posted by jknightx View Post
                  Wrong! was Del la Hoya that came up with the idea to fight Pacquiao at 147 lbs. He came and presented the idea to meet at welter weight limit to the Pacquiao camp. The entire fight and weight was completely Del Le Hoyas idea.
                  Exactly. People who are new to boxing swear they know everything. It was DLH calling Pac out and tried to make it "fair". Little did he know it would backfire completely on him. I remember everyone hear screaming DLH would murder Pac. Even the critics. Pac had no chance they said.

Comment

DLH comeback

I may be in the minority here, but I would really like to see DLH do a one off fight or two. Depending on how he looks, and you never know, maybe the rest did him some good. Getting down to 47 for Manny was obviously a factor in what happened that nite. If he does look good - and, lets face it, that's a big if -
                    it would bring some publicity back. Depends on how he's matched...

This could just be some PR work on his part for GB.

And if he does come back and things go badly, let's not think too much about the morons from the "boxing is dead" sector, who still ask when Tyson's coming back and how they remember when boxing was great when they distinctly remembered DLH fighting Sugar Ray Leonard.

Sorry for rambling...I have a bad cold and am od'ing on cough syrup.

Comment

Why not? He could make some good fights (as long as he doesn't fight Sergio, etc.). He could fight Cotto or Hatton after a test fight against a top 30 fighter. If he wins either or both, bring on the Mayweather rematch.

Comment

Working...
                      X