Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Clottey end up getting a 90-10 purse split?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Clottey end up getting a 90-10 purse split?

Him getting the 10 of course, because only $1 million guaranteed? That makes me think he did lol. Maybe even less because Ricky Hatton was able to make Malignaggi 1 million bucks and that fight was at the MGM on HBO World Class Boxing, VS HBO PPV with 40,000 people at Cowboys Stadium with the #1 P4P fighter.

Wouldn't surprise me, that 1% is easily the most Clottey has ever made most likely.

Comment

90-10? That gets me pissed off for some reason

Comment

Its a 90-10 split if not even less. Manny will be guaranteed around 10 million, Clottey is guaranteed one million.

Comment

**** looks more like 95/5 to me and Im telling you thats adding on to the Floyd/Mosley hold up. Floyd thinks he's the star that sells the PPV and Shane always acts like he has a big name. Then Floyd heard about the Pac/Clottey deal and its making it even worst

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
            Wouldn't surprise me, that 1% is easily the most Clottey has ever made most likely.
            oh for sure. that makes me kinda sad, there are fighters out there who will refuse to fight for only 1 million. but he looked happy as hell he got this fight.

Comment

Boxing is full of **** if this is true.

But we already knew boxing was full of **** so whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by Zarco View Post
                oh for sure. that makes me kinda sad, there are fighters out there who will refuse to fight for only 1 million. but he looked happy as hell he got this fight.
                I typed 1%, meant 10%, duh. Clottey has never gotten an opportunity like this, and it came out of no where for him. He deserves it.

Comment

The articlesaid that Clottey was gauranteed OVER A MILLION DOLLAR PURSE for the fight, not he was getting a million for the fight. He is getting at leastone mil, likely several mil depending on what the fight does. Just like the article regarding the Pac lawsuit said he was suing for a minimum of 75,000 dollars and it will likely wind up being for upwards of 10 million.

Comment

Originally posted by -JACK- View Post
                    Boxing is full of **** if this is true.

But we already knew boxing was full of **** so whatever.
                    No, boxing is a business. Clottey is nobody except to hardcore fans, Pac is arguably the biggest star in the sport.

Comment

Working...
                    X