Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK im pretty sure that Lennox Lewis one isnt true, can u name all the Champions and Ex-Champs.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Iron Man View Post
      OK im pretty sure that Lennox Lewis one isnt true, can u name all the Champions and Ex-Champs.
      I did say champs,ex champs and future champs here they are in order they were fought:-

Mike Weaver 1991 W TKO6
      Tony Tucker 1993 W UD12
      Frank Bruno 1993 W TKO7
      Oliver McCall 1994 L TKO2
      Tommy Morrison 1995 WTKO6
      Ray Mercer 1996 W MD10
      Oliver McCall 1997 W TKO5
      Henry Akinwande 1997 W DQ5
      Shannon Briggs 1998 W TKO5
      Evander Holyfield 1999 D12
      Evander Holyfield 1999 W UD12
      Hasim Rahman 2001 L KO5
      Hasim Rahman 2001 W KO4
      Mike Tyson 2002 W KO8
      Vitali Klitchko 2003 W TKO6

There you go Iron Man hope that does it for you.

Comment

• Your counting each person more than once?! I dnt really agree with that or the future champ part either!

Comment

• Don't forget that with the proliferation of championship belts, there are many more ex-champs, current champs, and future champs out there. Don't forget about that! This statistic, while interesting on its face, doesn't pass muster when your looking at the historical top 10.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Iron Man View Post
            Your counting each person more than once?! I dnt really agree with that or the future champ part either!
            I said 13 for Lennox which was a typo should have been 12, also even then that isn't counting each person more than once, add them up there is 12 different names, I was simply listing the result's against them all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wiley Hyena View Post
              Don't forget that with the proliferation of championship belts, there are many more ex-champs, current champs, and future champs out there. Don't forget about that! This statistic, while interesting on its face, doesn't pass muster when your looking at the historical top 10.
              Wiley, yes this is an interesting statistic, but I never used this when compiling my top 10, but had I then that would give me more reason to have Lennox as high as he was. And I never forgot about proliferation of belts etc, surely an educated fan could see that I never started this, all I did was reply to someone who said Tyson,Holyfield and Lewis fought so many champs and ex champs etc, surely you read that and could have seen it

Comment

• Originally posted by LondonRingRules View Post
                ** Excellent case in point. I had Larry squeaking by a win. Spoon gave him as much as he could handle and still win, which considering Spoon's poor training habits and inexperience, 15-0, speaks to the true level of talent that Larry had. Good talent, but not great talent.

Larry was 33 yrs old, and closed out the year against Scott Frank, 21-0 and Marvis Frazier, 10-0, both overmatched physically and in experience against Holmes, but much easier than a Witherspoon rematch. This is also when Thomas, Page, Tate, Tubbs, Dokes, Coetzee, are good physical specimans and entering their primes.
                You know that Marvis beat 3 of those guys you mentioned in the am's, right? Marvis was over-matched, and the record was weak, but weren't people saying the same thing about Spinks less than 10 years earlier?

And DAMN. Holyfield had only 4 losses in 17 fights against (ex)champs.. sheeshkerbobs.

Comment

• i think i'm going to check out the ring's boxing database book from like 1985.. then i'll post who had the most wins against top 10, top 5, top 3 contenders and who had the most time in the top 10, etc.. at least up until early Larry Holmes

Comment

• Originally posted by ForemanCrossArm View Post
                    i think i'm going to check out the ring's boxing database book from like 1985.. then i'll post who had the most wins against top 10, top 5, top 3 contenders and who had the most time in the top 10, etc.. at least up until early Larry Holmes

If you could that would be really interesting, who will you be looking at Holmes,Tyson,Holyfield,Lewis,Bowe and Moorer would be good. Or have I misunderstood, is it upto 1985 or 1985 onwards

Comment

• Originally posted by ForemanCrossArm View Post
                      Marvis was over-matched, and the record was weak, but weren't people saying the same thing about Spinks less than 10 years earlier?
                      ** Spinks was only overmatched against everyone else. Holmes may not have been as great as some make him out, but he never ever sank to the depths of Ali either unless you count the Butterbean knockdown.

Comment

Working...
                      X