Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who was the best puncher out of the following: Foreman, Shavers, or Tyson?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tyson. He was the best at cutting off the ring and finding angles to throw his punches with great accuracy.

Comment

Originally posted by Double Jab View Post
      Use of size and strength, Foreman.

Natural Punching ability, Shavers.

Refined Technique and ability, Tyson.

Although Shavers, could have knocked out a baby elephant, even when tired, I say he is the best puncher.
      Who did Shavers ever KO other than old Ken Norton

Comment

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
        Tyson was never tested in his prime in my opinion, in a magic world of unicorns and sunshine, he would have been 19 years old in 1973 and then we would have seen something big time. I have no idea how good he really was, simply because he was in such a crap era, and his mental game went to crap very fast.

Foreman was demolishing fools left and right, knocking mo's out, but he could get worn out, and the big beast would gas, but he was a very savvy fighter. He fought names like Ali, Moorer, Norton, Fraizer, Holyfield, Morrison.

Shavers on the other hand, had one plan, knock your head off. He fought Holmes, Norton, Ali, with one goal. Knock that foo's head off. He was dangerous in round 15 against anyone, he just wanted that one shot, and his ability to deliver that shot alone commanded alot of respect in the 70's.

I think on someone using their punching ability alone, Shavers used it the best to advance his career. Tyson wasn't properly tested, Foreman used his brain as well. Shavers? Punch that fool. Scary thing is that it worked.

Comment

Jimmy Ellis! Its something Jerry Quarry couldn't do.

Jimmy Young! Ken Norton, George Foreman couldn't KO him.

Joe Bugner. Granted, it was cuts but he was down earlier....

Plus Ali and Holmes both say he was the hardest puncher they ever met. Thats good enough for me.

That said, from the poll I went with Tyson's overall punching ability.

Comment

Originally posted by CarlosG815 View Post
            If that's even true it's not by much.
            Muhmmad ali,Larry holmes and many other fighters who fought shavers say that he hit harder then any fighter they had ever fighted....this is coming from ALI the man who Beat brutes like Liston,Frazier,Foreman,Chuvalo,Norton,Lyle,Bonaven a,Archie moore....

Comment

IMO, technique makes you a "better" puncher. gotta go with tyson

Comment

George Foreman!

Comment

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
                  Jimmy Ellis with a right uppercut.(1st round). Jimmy Young(3rd round). Knocking out fighters like those two are an example of his explosive power. He's the only fighter to ko Young in that fashion. Gerry Cooney hit an old Young with everything and couldn't drop him. Knocked a prime Ron Lyle down twice and had him nearly out. Knocked a prime Larry Holmes down and had him badly hurt. Had Ali badly hurt. 74 wins with 68 KO's with 19 in the first round. You can't question Shavers power and expect to be taken seriously. He was not the greatest fighter but his power is undeniable.

Comment

Originally posted by Double Jab View Post
                    Use of size and strength, Foreman.

Natural Punching ability, Shavers.

Refined Technique and ability, Tyson.

Although Shavers, could have knocked out a baby elephant, even when tired, I say he is the best puncher.
                    That's about as good as you can sum it up. I picked Foreman.

Comment

Pure power = Shavers
                      Speed and Technique = Tyson
                      Best all around = Foreman

Poet

Comment

Working...
                      X