Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kessler's Manager Fires Back: Andre Ward Held 88 Times!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tmann400 View Post
    Do people not understand the difference between holding and fighting inside? Ward tied Kessler up a few times to slow him down, JUST like Mikey Garcia did recently to Salido. Most of the time though, Kessler was the one grabbing hold of Ward when Ward would move in close on Mikkel to fight inside, given the fact Kessler can't fight inside and isn't used to that, he panicked and would clinch Ward, when Kessler clinched Ward, Andre would work the free hand which was next level stuff.

You are completely level with the referee. He also didn't see Ward holding. He only saw Kessler hold and told him in the corner between rounds that he was about to be DQ'ed. Kessler. Not Ward!

Just watch the fight for yourself, Ward outboxes Kessler on the back-foot, when Kessler tries to pressure Ward, Ward would slide inside on Kessler and intelligently smother him, and Kessler's not used to that due to it being more of an American unconventional style of boxing, so like I said, he would clinch Ward. Anyway you slice it, Ward embarrassed a 43 fight veteran who was an elite level fighter with only 20 fights and outclassed him in every facet of the game. And, I like Kessler I think he's a great fighter, but like Andre has said himself, Kessler came to Oakland because he thought there was no way he could lose and thought he had a green fighter in front of him. Mikkel was wrong, and he payed the very hefty price for the gamble he took. End of story.
    No doubt that Kessler underestimated Ward. Most people did. He also never knew that he'd fight two guys in the ring and I'm not talking about the butt-induced doublevision here.
    I think Ward got rough with Kessler and out muscled him not only to prove a point to Mikkel, but to prove a point to all of the journalists/writers and everyone else who said he had a suspect chin and was nothing but a decent boxer with no power and no physical strength. They were all wrong. Like Ward also said himself right before the Abraham fight "When I'm physical, I'm dirty. When I box, I'm not physical enough. Which tells me to just fight my fight." The truth.
    No question that it was Ward's gameplan to fight dirty with wild swings of head, holding and holding and hitting. He knew that he was at home and that the homer ref would allow him to get away with it.

Comment

Originally posted by I'm so sorry View Post
      So many people in denial. Ward held, and held way too often. He should have had points taken away.
      And the crazy thing is that it was Kessler whom the referee was about to penalize.

Comment

Originally posted by Thickear View Post
        Too scared to travel? Ward won Olympic Gold in Greece. No doubt a load of dickheads on here think Athens is in California. Get real. Ward handled Kessler and Froch (who are both good fighters) with ease and would beat them again, territory irrelevant.
        AM is a totally different sport and in the olympics everybody (except) the homenation, is on foreign soil.

Ward won't leave his homecountry! Never has. Never will. He said so himself.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
          AM is a totally different sport and in the olympics everybody (except) the homenation, is on foreign soil.

And good for him. Ward is the man, and he knows it. If Kessler or Froch really thought that they stood a chance against Ward in a rematch, then they would not be relying on a hometown decision of their own.

Comment

Ward also punched Kessler much more than 88 times.

Comment

Sour grapes. Really getting ridiculous now.

Comment

Originally posted by askoe View Post
                So you agree they were two against one
                Yes it was definately 2 against 1
                Wards left and right hand
                vs
                Kesslers one dimensional slower than malasis going up hill right hand
                so yes you are right

Comment

why should he? cause some euro punching bag is telling him to? The only reason why SOG should leave Cali and the west coast is to fight the Klit Bros or Haye at HW or a neutral spot to fight Martinez.

I didnt read you crying about the Klits only fighting in their back yards or Sturm not leaving his own city, or Calzage staying in his back yard

come on BN you are better than that bro or is it mate?

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
                    why should he? cause some euro punching bag is telling him to? The only reason why SOG should leave Cali and the west coast is to fight the Klit Bros or Haye at HW or a neutral spot to fight Martinez.

I didnt read you crying about the Klits only fighting in their back yards or Sturm not leaving his own city, or Calzage staying in his back yard

come on BN you are better than that bro or is it mate?
                    The klits have fought away from home multiple times. Calzaghe was a stay at home fighter and I would have pointed it out had I been on this board before the Hopkins fight was signed.

So far Ward is like Ottke where he gets help from officials fighting in the comfort of his own country. You are of the opinion that he should continue to stay at home and you are entitled to that. I just do not agree.

Comment

The klits have fought away from home multiple times. Calzaghe was a stay at home fighter and I would have pointed it out had I been on this board before the Hopkins fight was signed.

So far Ward is like Ottke where he gets help from officials fighting in the comfort of his own country. You are of the opinion that he should continue to stay at home and you are entitled to that. I just do not agree.
                      I have not seen Ward get "help" at home from officials.

Comment

Working...
                      X