No announcement yet.

Corley vs. McCloskey, who saw it?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corley vs. McCloskey, who saw it?

I just finished watching this fight and thought it was a good one even though it was one of those "low expectations" type of fight. Corley seems to keep in very good shape and still has decent skill. I have to disagree with the unofficial scorer's (Jim Watt) card though. I think he had McCloskey ahead 87-85 at the time of the stoppage. I had Corley ahead 87-84 although 86-85 was acceptable. Anyway, did anyone watch this and score it?

"corley was finshed years ago. he's lost 12 of his last 20 fights he's now a journeyman.
    and mccloskeys a domestic level bum even corley called him a c class fighter"

Comment

Originally posted by Exciterx24 View Post
      I just finished watching this fight and thought it was a good one even though it was one of those "low expectations" type of fights. Corley seems to keep in very good shape and still has decent skill. I have to disagree with the unofficial scorer's (Jim Watt) card though. I think he had McCloskey ahead 87-85 at the time of the stoppage. I had Corley ahead 87-84 although 86-85 was acceptable. Anyway, did anyone watch this and score it?
      Didn't score the fight but would have had Corley at least 3 if not 4 rounds up at the stoppage. I actually enjoyed the fight for the simple fact I was waiting on the right hand of Corley eventually sparking Paul out as he was eating the southpaw jab and right hook all night long....

Comment

Originally posted by Fish_Scotland View Post
        Didn't score the fight but would have had Corley at least 3 if not 4 rounds up at the stoppage. I actually enjoyed the fight for the simple fact I was waiting on the right hand of Corley eventually sparking Paul out as he was eating the southpaw jab and right hook all night long....
        That's what I thought. I had it 6 to 3 for Corley. This was not a world class level fight but it was good for what it was. DeMarcus can still be a test for certain unproven fighters. Corley was ahead but I think he stoppage was kind of quick, so McCloskey will probably look for a rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by Exciterx24 View Post
          That's what I thought. I had it 6 to 3 for Corley. This was not a world class level fight but it was good for what it was. DeMarcus can still be a test for certain unproven fighters. Corley was ahead but I think he stoppage was kind of quick, so McCloskey will probably look for a rematch.
          DeMarcus can still be a test for certain unproven fighters who's defences are based on reflexes that simply don't exist!

End of the road for Paul in all but the domestic scene I think.

Comment

I enjoyed it but then i expected a crap fight and i dont really care for Paul Mcloskey!

Corley looked better than i thought he would even though i had a feeling he might win, i was thinking a horrible cagey points affair though

Once it got going i was waiting for the right hook to land. Didnt score but felt Chop Chop was ahead and on the stoppage it was a bit quick but Mcloskey was a goner anyway most likely

Comment

Horrible stoppage

Ref got inbetween then and then had to stop the fight because he blocked Corley from attacking

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                Horrible stoppage

Ref got inbetween then and then had to stop the fight because he blocked Corley from attacking
                I've seen refs do this before. Like he jumped in to give a standing 8 count and then thinks **** their is no standing 8 count, fights over lol

I don't know what the PM camp have had to say on it but they can't complain IMO. I think he was about to get sparked anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Fish_Scotland View Post
                  I've seen refs do this before. Like he jumped in to give a standing 8 count and then thinks **** their is no standing 8 count, fights over lol

I don't know what the PM camp have had to say on it but they can't complain IMO. I think he was about to get sparked anyway.
                  yes. it bugged me the commentators didnt mention the option the ref had. that it could of been a standing eight count and then taken a good look at his eyes. then calling it. but mac Was out on his feet. period.

Comment

Corley looked really sharp, much better than in recent fights. He was landing really nice counters and his timing was spot on.

After 2 rounds I knew he was going to win the fight, but also knew he needed the KO or he would get robbed. McCloskey is a poor fighter, get's hit far too often and his offense is average at best.

Comment

Working...
                    X