Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do garcia's fighters come in overweight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They had all been fighting in weight classes where they don't belong.

Comment

Robert 'Health Comes Last' Garcia

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
        But no matter how much they move up, they still have trouble. Rios looks like he has as much trouble making 147 as he did making 135. Mikey too, he fought once at 130 and is already talking 140.

Donaire is probably the only fighter there who doesn't look like he's having weight problems anymore.
        He won the belt then defended it at 130, in his recent interview he said he's gonna go to 135 first.

Comment

Originally posted by SnakeVen0m View Post
          I consider Garcia to be a good trainer overall. He teaches his guys skillfull boxing and techniques but he pretty much gives his fighters all the liberty when it comes to conditioning. He needs to be a bit harder on them and incorporate that into his camps instead of 'outsourcing' it.
          Yeah, that's what bothers me. They spend so much time on skill but don't have the conditioning to follow through. I mean through nutrition they can make weight just fine. But like other posters say it seems that they all do is on trying to fight in classes they don't belong in.

Comment

Originally posted by Wuckoo View Post
            This seems to be a real trend. Garcia's fighters have lately been getting fat either coming in overweight or outgrowing their divisions. Brandon can't diet down to an effective weight. Rubio came in over. Donaire seemed to move up after garcia. And maidana always seems chubby.

Why is this? It seems strange because it only just happens after he starts training them. Margarito is the only high profile case I can think of that didn't get fat.
            Bro have you ever ate authentic Mexican food? Not that tex-mex taco bell crap

They might wanna move the gym to Alaska cause mexican food is nyquil...instant itis

Comment

Heard they have some bomb tortas in Oxnard.

Comment

Working...
              X