Collapse
No announcement yet.

Top 20 of all times?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Also, the fight with Walcott is pretty much seen as a Langford W.

Comment

• Originally posted by Holywarrior View Post
      So does Walker- though. I'm just saying, imagine Walker had beaten Greb (a better win than Langford over Gans in the rematch) and did as well as he did at middleweight and then light heavy and heavyweight. He'd be a shoe in for top 10 atg

You really rank Chocolate over Holman Williams?
      Originally posted by Holywarrior View Post
      Also, the fight with Walcott is pretty much seen as a Langford W.
      I still think Langford would have a better resume. Of course Walker has some outstanding wins as well, which is why he's ranked so highly. Of course, if he would have beaten Greb that would elevate him. Not sure if it would make him eclipse Langford though.

With regards to the Walcott fight - that's why I mentioned it.

I think Williams may have fought better competition, but also has more losses. Kid Chocolate should have had a win over Conzoneri, arguably, which may put him slightly ahead.

Then again, Williams has a win over Burley I believe. It's tough, but I'd probably go with Kid Chocolate.

Keep in mind, btw, that my list was based on 10 minutes of thinking time. I have changed it many times since.

Comment

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
        I still think Langford would have a better resume. Of course Walker has some outstanding wins as well, which is why he's ranked so highly. Of course, if he would have beaten Greb that would elevate him. Not sure if it would make him eclipse Langford though.

With regards to the Walcott fight - that's why I mentioned it.

I think Williams may have fought better competition, but also has more losses. Kid Chocolate should have had a win over Conzoneri, arguably, which may put him slightly ahead.

Then again, Williams has a win over Burley I believe. It's tough, but I'd probably go with Kid Chocolate.

Keep in mind, btw, that my list was based on 10 minutes of thinking time. I have changed it many times since.
        I'm not saying Walker would be ranked over Langford, but the fact that he terrorized Gans is what makes him so high in the first place. He wouldn't have such status if not for that win then doing what he did at heavyweight. Walker didn't even have that sort of win and look how high he got ranked.

Every fighter had a multiplicity of losses back then. Williams has arguably the best W column in the history of middleweights.

Every one of the murderer's row was beaten. Even Moore (Moore was feeling the heat and tried to dirty his way out of him) Booker, Marshall, Burley, Moore, Cocoa Kid - That is insane.

Comment

Working...
        X