No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Abner Mares Very Satisfied With Move To Virgil Hunter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Abner Mares Very Satisfied With Move To Virgil Hunter

Following the first loss of his career, former three division world champion Abner Mares (26-1-1, 14KOs) made certain changes to his team. One of the biggest of those changes was retaining the services of trainer Virgil Hunter.

Mares will look to get back in the win column on July 12th at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, when he faces Jonathan Oquendo on the Saul Alvarez-Erislandy Lara Showtime Pay-Per-View undercard. The Mexican Olympian was knocked out in the first round of his featherweight bout with Jhonny Gonzalez last August.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Mares is obviously impressed with what he saw in Khan 2.0 after the Collazo performance and what Hunter did with Khan.

Comment

I wonder who the next person to get iced is and switches to Hunter as well.

Comment

Glad to hear that Mares is satisfied with Virgil Hunter and with his training camp so far, I really look forward to seeing him inside the ring again and seeing him win. I hope we don't get a new Abner Mares but an improved one instead.

Comment

When is the Ghonzales rematch?

Comment

Hunter by far is the most overrated trainer in boxing. Guys like ward and khan are talented fighters and both will win most fights even if I was training them, but I seen guys like angulo, dallas jr, Gonzales and other Virgil trained fighters get whooped badly because he never comes with a gameplan.

Comment

Originally posted by Box-Office View Post
              Mares is obviously impressed with what he saw in Khan 2.0 after the Collazo performance and what Hunter did with Khan.
              A fredie roach trained khan wouldn't go past 6 rounds vs Collazo

Comment

mares is a BUM! he laughs at donaire's loss to rigo after that he get caught hahahaha poor mares better to an unknown fighter like garbage collector or janitor in your gym poor mares!

Comment

Goodluck, hope he improves under Virgil.

Comment

I hope Mares comes back strong and his boxing/combinations resurface. I know he had to morph into a slugger vs Moreno but he needs to go back to his roots to continue moving up successfully. I noticed Mares adapts and utilises what he learns well. He was a magnificent boxer with Nacho and became an aggressive slugger/boxer with Medina. I hope he learns some new tricks with Virgil while retaining his knowledge from past trainers. Regardless I'm 100% behind Mares! Guerra Mares!

Comment

Working...
                    X