Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kovlaev-Agnew: HBO production values, empty arena & other miscellaneous observations

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post
    2. It's all about ratings not the venue.
    Since when is the gate not important?

Comment

HBO is having a pretty ****ty run lately. I have no idea about the direction they are trying to go with boxing programming.

Comment

Originally posted by King- View Post
        Lol this was his first HBO headline fight, of course nobody in the Atlantic City area will know who the hell Sergey Kovalev is

Brb not a "star" so doesn't deserve Adonis

That fight could of sold 100 tickets and he would still be as good as he is and still a titlist meaning Adonis avoiding Kovalev is still a duck.

Quack
        Its funny that this is coming from somebody who has GGG on his avatar,who chose Chavez over the number 1 ranked 168 pounder Ward whose also a belt holder.Plus GGG plans to move back down to 160 after he fights Chavez.How do you damage control that?The "Ward has lawsuits going on with his promoter" excuse wont work,because Ward already said that him and his promoter agree to put on any fight that is available,while waiting for the court date.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingfeind View Post
          Its funny that this is coming from somebody who has GGG on his avatar,who chose Chavez over the number 1 ranked 168 pounder Ward whose also a belt holder.Plus GGG plans to move back down to 160 after he fights Chavez.How do you damage control that?The "Ward has lawsuits going on with his promoter" excuse wont work,because Ward already said that him and his promoter agree to put on any fight that is available,while waiting for the court date.
          Oh is Ward done suing Goosen?

And what if Ward fought Chavez Jr?

They basically passed him over for the above reason

Comment

Wtf are you talking about... What's this have anything do do with my post?? lmao

A) Ward never offered Golovkin any fight so that's that. B) Ward a few months ago was chasing Chavez Jr. C) I stand by my original post and have no idea what the relevance of this is lol

Comment

Originally posted by BennyBlanco View Post
              1. HBO production values seem to be going downhill fast. I'm not really talking about the static/transmission problems in last night's fight - though I can't remember the last time I've seen either WCB or Showtime Champ. Boxing have issues like that. It's more that it looks like HBO is cutting corners in other areas. Anyone notice that the personal profile features now look like ESPN's? Just a camera, a guy sitting on a chair and a backdrop - no more going on location to a boxer's gym or neighborhood to find out more about him. Fights were shot like an ESPN fight too - very close in, no wide shots, no atmosphere...but of course that may have a lot to do with #2:

2. Kovalev has a long way to go it terms of star power and selling tickets. Kovalev-Agnew arena looked half-full. For all the talk about HBO building stars, it seems clear that Kovalev isn't one yet. Capacity in that ballroom is about 3,000, and it looked like it was half-full (which helps explain why the fight was shot with such tight camera angles). Selling less than 2,000 seats definitely shows that Kovalev isn't a star yet.

3. Other random thoughts.
              • I have no desire to see either Mayfield or Dulorme anytime soon.
              • Except for the replay of the Pac PPV, HBO has no boxing on air for the next seven weeks. Where is all their money being spent?
              • I will be very surprised if Chavez-GGG gets made for July.
              I bet you're one of those floydiots and a member of SDF, Arent you?

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
                Oh is Ward done suing Goosen?

And what if Ward fought Chavez Jr?

They basically passed him over for the above reason
                I already said Ward should have taken on Adonis Stevenson when He called him out,and i said Ward should move up and take on challenges.I don`t want to see Ward vs Chavez.So stop trying to use Ward to deflect attention away from GGG.

Comment

I already said Ward should have taken on Adonis Stevenson when He called him out,and i said Ward should move up and take on challenges.I don`t want to see Ward vs Chavez.So stop trying to use Ward to deflect attention away from GGG.
                  Okay, answer my question. How is he who must not be named because it doesn't make sense to you supposed to fight Golovkin or Chavez Jr or anybody if he's too busy suing Goosen twice a year and putting himself on the sidelines

Comment

Originally posted by King- View Post
                    Wtf are you talking about... What's this have anything do do with my post?? lmao

A) Ward never offered Golovkin any fight so that's that. B) Ward a few months ago was chasing Chavez Jr. C) I stand by my original post and have no idea what the relevance of this is lol
                    Did Chavez junior`s people call GGG up for a fight?No, it was GGG`s camp on behalf of GGG who called Chavez people up for a fight.Ward insinuated numerous times that he wants to fight GGG and said anytime GGG wants to fight,all they have to do is call him.And Ward insinuated numerous times that GGG don`t want a piece of him.And GGG just proved it by choosing Chavez junior over the Number 1 ranked WBA champion Andre Ward.

Comment

Martinez didn't draw **** when he was fighting Bunema and Cintron, but things change quick when the word is out. Look at Golovkin.

Comment

Working...
                      X