Collapse
No announcement yet.

who are the top 3 boxers from each decade

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone care to address the 800-lb gorrilla in the corner of the ring? Is there a decade he might share with two others, or will his existence remain swept under the rug?

Comment

Originally posted by SBleeder View Post
      I'll get to answering the question tomorrow at work, but how in the world can you have Duran for the 80s and not the 70s?
      Duran was voted the fighter of the decade for the 70's and was pretty well aove the others in terms of wins and dominance etc. 80's was too inconsistent as his peak was through the 70s and ended at the start of the 80's.
      Last edited by BennyST; 06-30-2013, 06:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
        I'm passing along how he was viewed THEN! Not what you think you know reading boxing forums. Theres do's & don't's that weren't cross back in the that time!If you think along modern times your not grasping the days from the beginning of that century!
        I understand you think you know the history of the day but your referencing the feelings now! After Johnson business was conducted differently and the fighters "feelings" were NOT part of the equation!
        Dempseys best was before he got the gold but my point was he was THE most popular athlete of his time and theres NO disputing that!!
        Ray

Your point, the same point is made regarding Sullivan. Sullivan was to many the first superstar along with the Babe.

Comment

Originally posted by Panamaniac View Post
          Anyone care to address the 800-lb gorrilla in the corner of the ring? Is there a decade he might share with two others, or will his existence remain swept under the rug?

Hagler, Leonard, Hearns, Holmes, Sanchez, and Spinks > Tyson.

Comment

Originally posted by HooksInYou View Post
            Calzaghe should be on the list instead of Hopkins.

Comment

Working...
            X