No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Juan Manuel Marquez To Fight On, April Return Eyed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fceeviper View Post
    JMM should just retire, nothing else to prove champ.
    I agree, his legacy is already set. I guess he figures he can make upwards of 10+ million for another Pacquiao fight win or lose coming off of his big KO win and If he still feels good even at 39/40 then hey plus Mexico is pretty dangerous so you can never have enough money there..

Comment

Would of rather see him go up against either Bradley or Rios....

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
        They are as good as it can get for a tune up. They're also legit 140-147 pounders while i'm not convinced Marquez is even a full fledged JWW. I still see him as a LW. His two wins over Pacquiao at 147 has people thinking that he's actually a WW. Maybe, just maybe, he could already be a JWW, but definitely not a WW.
        co-sign on marquez not being a full fledged ww...

he's like kryptonite to pac but that doesn't mean he fares as well against the big guys

however, marquez should be thinking about his legacy now that he's decided to move on...he may grow old overnight...as for a tune up i think he can do better than sechenko or vargas

Comment

JMM should have retired, there's no point in a fifth match when both fighters are past their primes. Why do fighters need to get KTFO or beaten to a pulp in order for them to realize its time to hang em up?

Comment

Originally posted by lefthook2daliva View Post
            I'd like to see Marquez fight Bradley or one of the other young guns, but if he wants to face a lesser foe this time out, I can't fault him. Not like he makes a habit out of it...
            No he doesn't remember he's the one who stepped up and fought mayweather.

Comment

................................... JMM.... Retire. You can't beat this ending.

Comment

oh no! i hope its not true, hopefully its not, if pac wins and its faster than the pac knockout then p@ctards come back alive! i hope and im sure that doesnt happen but if and thats a big if then p@ctards come back, but i think pac will be too catious to try and take out juan, so he wont get knocked the eff out again

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                  They are as good as it can get for a tune up. They're also legit 140-147 pounders while i'm not convinced Marquez is even a full fledged JWW. I still see him as a LW. His two wins over Pacquiao at 147 has people thinking that he's actually a WW. Maybe, just maybe, he could already be a JWW, but definitely not a WW.
                  At this stage in his career, I just think if he is going to continue fighting, he should skip the tune ups.

Comment

Working...
                  X