Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was Amir Khan running or using ring generalship?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Khan and ring generalship shouldn't be use in the same sentence, He was definitely running.

Comment

Originally posted by boogybro View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Main Source View Post
        As an European and as an avid boxing fan, I've been following Khan since his amateur days. My "problem" with Khan is that he fights exactly like he did back when he was an amateur. He has not progressed/adapted as well as I thought he would. And it's even more evident since he teamed up with Roach.

Freddie's in-n-out strategy is fine, nothing wrong with it. The problem is that Amir just doesn't do it very well. He has speed but to me he isn't very well-coordinated when moving. He is all over the damn place with his chin high and he's throwing a lot of flurries that are flashy but not effective.
        Very good post...This is why i think Khan will never be that polished boxer that his fans claim him to be...He's not light on his feet at all, looks very clumsy at times..most boxers who are outside fighters are naturally light on there feet, some boxers it takes time to develop it..but as much time Amir has been in this sport, he should had some kind of improvement by now...This last fight, the footwork really looked sloppy, he was taking large steps sometimes looked like he was hoping even jumping ...and then that really effective for his punches when he can't properly plant his feet, really no leverage on his punches ,, really don't see Amir improving, but going to 147 would be the worst mistake.....

Comment

Originally posted by boogybro View Post
          Damn! So much ownage in this thread, I feel bad now I created it. BUT someone had to

Comment

he was running.

When you do nothign but go backwards so that the opponent can't hit you for more than 2 seconds, that's running.
            Last edited by DARKSEID; 12-12-2011, 04:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X