No announcement yet.

Neurologist To Pacquiao: Retire Or Develop Full Blown Parkinsons

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neurologist To Pacquiao: Retire Or Develop Full Blown Parkinsons

The possibility of retirement for Manny Pacquiao was raised on Thursday after neurologist Dr Rustico Jimenez speculated as to whether the Filipino was showing the first signs of Parkinson's.

According to reports Jimenez, president of the Private Hospitals Association of the Philippines, said he was concerned about the health of the fighter, who suffered a brutal knockout at the hands of Juan Manuel Marquez at the end of 2012.

Parkinson's disease is a degenerative disorder of the central nervous system, which affects Pacquiao's world renowned coach Freddie Roach. Dr Jimenez is concerned he can see the first signs now creeping into the physiology of the 34-year-old welterweight.

"Even though his reflexes are quick, I noticed the movement - it's just another view, my personal view - but it seems like there are early signs," Jimenez told radio dzMM. "There are some movements that you will notice with his hands. It's in the hands, and not the head, where you can easily see this. It twitches a little bit. Although I haven't seen it up close, I think I am seeing that there are some signs."

Jimenez later clarified that he had never treated Pacquiao, so his opinion was only a view from afar. Nevertheless, he still offered his best advice, which is to give up boxing for the good of his long-term health.

Pacquiao is yet to clarify what the future holds, after he suffered back-to-back defeats for the first time in his illustrious career. It is speculated he may return for a make-or-break fight in September 2013, but no official word has come from the Pacquiao camp.

http://www.espn.co.uk/boxing/sport/s...XkqECVE7PwB.99

I hope this aint true. Would hate to see Pacman suffer from that.

This "Doctor" is scum. Trying to get famous by diagnosing someone he has never seen to diagnose.

Comment

Originally posted by Heavy Hitter View Post
      This "Doctor" is scum. Trying to get famous by diagnosing someone he has never seen to diagnose.
      Yes, the nerve of the doctor actually showing concern for Pacquiao's health and well being.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie View Post
        Yes, the nerve of the doctor actually showing concern for Pacquiao's health and well being.
        Thats not what he is doing. Do you feel that a doctor is showing any responsibility by throwing things out about someone they have never treated or seen in person? I'm sure Pacquiao sees a doctor that can properly assess if he is showing signs of Parkinsons. While also not going out thru the media trying to get famous.

Comment

Mirin them filipino doctors with their state of the art testing...

Pretty sure if roach, who knows first hand about Parkinson's, saw anything concerning he would speak up. But nope, nothing, not a word. You know Roach cares about pacquiao, moreso than just being a mealticket.

Comment

Thats not what he is doing. Do you feel that a doctor is showing any responsibility by throwing things out about someone they have never treated or seen in person? I'm sure Pacquiao sees a doctor that can properly assess if he is showing signs of Parkinsons. While also not going out thru the media trying to get famous.
            a doctor would not need to examine Freddie Roach to know that he has parkinsons. They know the signs whether they examine them first hand or just see them on television.........Rockin'

Comment

What fame is this doctor going to get by voicing his concern for Pacquiao? He even admits that he hasn't treated Pacquiao himself and is just going on what he has observed from a distance. He's not trying to mislead anyone. You sound silly.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
                a doctor would not need to examine Freddie Roach to know that he has parkinsons. They know the signs whether they examine them first hand or just see them on television.........Rockin'
                you're way off. roach's condition is so advanced even a ten year old could tell from far away.

Comment

Damn, Marquez beasted on Pacquiao if this is true.

Pacquiao will be okay, he will fight maybe 3 more times against stylistically easier opponents. The Brandon Rios fight now seems like a good comeback fight for Pacquiao. What I had beef with was if Pac beat Marquez then fought Rios. But it's okay now. Bring on Pacquiao vs Rios, they can sell the fight as Pacquiao being "back". They could say they changed something in training camp to make him fight like the old 2008-2010 Pacquiao. But of course the only thing changed is the style of the opponent. Pacquiao vs 3 LW's-JWW's to end his career.

Comment

The Doctors are probably hired by Floyd So Manny wont make a come back and steal his thunder again!

Comment

Working...
                    X